Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

[ QUOTE ]
notfreemoney:

I hate your avatar. I spent 30 seconds or so trying to squash that thing on my monitor, until I realized it was your avatar. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol me too!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly I would MUCH rather they raised the rathole limit to an hour than raise the min BI.

That way the professional "system" SSers would have a harder time making a living and the retard donk shortstackers who are only sitting at 400nl because they have $80 in their account will still be able to play!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like the answer to the problem.
Keeps donk shortstackers at the table and would hurt the "good" shortstackers.

Im emailing stars in favour of this solution.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:08 AM

maybe they should make a 10bb min 20bb max

table too, that way mttr can be happy with his 10bb stack
Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NL10 on party is full of short stackers, the majority of tables have 50% or more seats filled with people buying in for $2.

[/ QUOTE ]
On Ipoker the min limit for NL10 is 10BB, still a lot of short stacks prefer to buy in for 20. It kind of annoys me to see some NL5 tables which have more chips on the table than the NL10 tables, where the average chips on the table is usually around $60-70 but can be as low as $40.

I have to say I'm starting to get convinced by this thread that short stacks are good for us. I think that if they had a few tables with higher buy-ins at my limit then most of the better players would choose to sit there, while the donks and short-donks would just pick a random table so again its not that much more +EV for me as I these full stack tables might not be that juicy.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say I'm starting to get convinced by this thread that short stacks are good for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must agree there, Id rather play a donk with a full stack than a short stack - but thats better than no donk at all.

Decent shortstackers are a pest - but there are far fewer playing properly than I would have thought.

I dont play on party but a freind of mine says its been ruined by shortstackers - mostly from Germany for some reason and enough of them are decent to spoil the games.
Thats my only fear - that stars would go the same way.

Make it 2 hours before you can re-sit with fewer chips than you leave with.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM

I dont understand why you think raising the min buy in to 40 bbs is gonna kill the comm. all it will do is get rid of some proffesionall ss'ers and maybe give the fish who want to buy in short the qualm of buying in short for a lil mo. 50bb min is fantasitc idea, I would rather there be a full stack tag than a ss at my table, 200bbs deep would be a dream.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM

I wonder why Kid Poker is taking this on himself to battle for. He admits in his blog that he's not a winning player online and is still learning to play online. Shouldn't long-standing professional online professionals have more say in this?
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand why you think raising the min buy in to 40 bbs is gonna kill the comm. all it will do is get rid of some proffesionall ss'ers and maybe give the fish who want to buy in short the qualm of buying in short for a lil mo. 50bb min is fantasitc idea, I would rather there be a full stack tag than a ss at my table, 200bbs deep would be a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

the second you raise the buyin....you've killed online no-limit

I don't think many of you realize how much it would cost the fish to continue

shortstacks protect the fish no matter what they buyin for

think of the game as the dynamic system that it is instead of one-on-one confrontations

good fullstackers have developed an array of weapons to bleed money from the fish....competent shortstackers take advantage of those weapons and limit their usage

look at the games at the one site with the higher buyin (40BBs at absolute)....they are dreadful

notice who is really against shortstackers...it's the professional online grinders
these professional crybabies do everything in their power to set up an unfair game from datamines, databases, HUDs, etc
they've left themselves exposed to a blunt weapon
they want it removed

it's not about poker v not poker... most of the guys crying have tried to shortstack at some time or another or contacted those that shortstack for lessons... they deride it as not poker because it hurts their winrate

They don't enjoy the challenge of different stack sizes
they hate it when the game isn't set up for them to apply their own methods of auto-piloting

generally, they're hypocrites in the largest form

oh well....I figure that if a bunch of guys who play poker for a living think I'm in the wrong, then I'm most definitely in the right.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 PM

I'm convinced now, the 20BB buyin minimum is a good thing. It preserves the ecosystem of tables and sites, and lets the fish try their stuff at tables which would otherwise be scary to them.

I really like pushing more for longer times before they can return without the last winning stake though.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like pushing more for longer times before they can return without the last winning stake though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone with more motivation than me start a new thread asking for longer rathole limits.