Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: The movement to remove shortstackers!!!

Actually, if DN is the one behind this then someone who's a member of FCP needs to start a thread there. Then Daniel might actually see it.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced now, the 20BB buyin minimum is a good thing. It preserves the ecosystem of tables and sites, and lets the fish try their stuff at tables which would otherwise be scary to them.

I really like pushing more for longer times before they can return without the last winning stake though.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really a difficult spot

on the one hand, a lower buyin does alot to protect fish and the supply of fish

on the other hand, there is the fear of shortstacking farms being set up--I'm pretty sure the only thing that has stopped that from happening is shortstackers not sharing info
Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm convinced now, the 20BB buyin minimum is a good thing. It preserves the ecosystem of tables and sites, and lets the fish try their stuff at tables which would otherwise be scary to them.

I really like pushing more for longer times before they can return without the last winning stake though.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really a difficult spot

on the one hand, a lower buyin does alot to protect fish and the supply of fish

on the other hand, there is the fear of shortstacking farms being set up--I'm pretty sure the only thing that has stopped that from happening is shortstackers not sharing info

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 09-13-2007, 06:10 PM

I hate shortstackers and I'd love it if they're all gone. I'd also start shortstacking myself if I knew a proper strategy and could make money doing it. Hint Hint, someone should share the info. Why haven't I ever read any threads on how to shortstack?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't enjoy the challenge of different stack sizes

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you're actually using this as an argument. Yeah, the "challenge" of playing only 1 street of poker. You've gotta be kidding me. Of all the arguments you've used this is by far the worst.

[ QUOTE ]
they hate it when the game isn't set up for them to apply their own methods of auto-piloting

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand you like to watch sports and p0rn while 16-tabling 20BB on auto-pilot, but some of us actually try to get better at poker and move up to higher stakes.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate shortstackers and I'd love it if they're all gone. I'd also start shortstacking myself if I knew a proper strategy and could make money doing it. Hint Hint, someone should share the info. Why haven't I ever read any threads on how to shortstack?

[/ QUOTE ]

because thats the worst thing you could do to yourself as a shortstacker is teach other how to play correctly.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because thats the worst thing you could do to yourself as a shortstacker is teach other how to play correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

People in general are lazy and poker players even more so. I doubt many people are even interested in finding out an optimal strategy because it would require work. To just give it to them would be the worst. Just let the 98.7% of them that are horrible keep doing their thing.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because all those threads are in the Beginner forum. I coach people there all the time. I just tell them to make sure no one in the FR NL forum finds out.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They don't enjoy the challenge of different stack sizes

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-14-2007, 12:16 AM

I was going to try to contribute something, but MTTR nailed it. nh.

I think Mr. Donk has the right idea, though, with the minimum time to return to the table. I always thought 30 minutes was pretty short there. I enjoyed short stacking for an hour and then taking a 30 minute break over and over, though.

The idea of poker and not poker, though, is silly. There's fewer tough decisions short stacking, but so many decisions become almost automatic no matter what stack size you're playing. There's still decisions when you're playing short stacked. It's like the argument that limit isn't poker, but no limit is. It's just silly.