Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 AM

Default NL25 non-nuts straight facing absurd overbet

Hi 2+2, some more advice neede, thank you very much in advance!

<u>Reads:</u>
This is my 12th hand at the table. I donīt know the villain. He is only playing one table at a time which, in combination with his stack size, might indicate a gambler. I know full well that this is not a garanty, but thereīs some good chance that itīs correct.

<u>Questions:</u> Call turn?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($23.25)
CO ($25.30)
Button ($15.60)
Hero ($25)
BB ($2.15)
UTG ($10)
UTG+1 ($6.90)
MP1 ($24.65)
MP2 ($66.30)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls $0.25, MP3 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero completes, BB checks.

<font color="blue"> Iīve recently gone through my hand historys and am now a lot more reluctant when it comes to wether or not to complete with this kind of hand. The big stack of the (supposed) bad player in MP2 is my motivation to play here. </font>

Flop: ($1.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls $1, MP3 folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($3.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $65.05</font>, Hero ??

Final Pot: $51
Old 11-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Re: NL25 non-nuts straight facing absurd overbet

I probably wouldn't have bet this flop, I would just have seen what would have happened, not wanna be raised of my hand. In this case I would call like lightning, your hand is so disguised; if he has T8 so be it, but he could have slowplayed an overpair or hit a set somewhere down te road.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 AM

I'd rather raise with 35o and try to take down the dead money (unless you have a read that most of these people will call a big raise) than complete here. True, you're getting 9-1 on your money, but when you DO flop something, it's going to be the low end of something or bottom 2...plus, the non-suited one-gapper isn't really going to hit all that much. (If this were 56s, I'd definitely complete here)

IMO, this is an easy call. You will see sets/2 pair overs/FD a lot of the time here. Of course, you may also see T8, but IMO, you'll see it way less than half the time here.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:55 PM

I'll usually just fold here out of the SB. Turn is an easy call, sucks if he had the overstraight. I like leading out of the blinds with draws sometimes, but I don't think firing with oesd from the SB into 5 people is good.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think firing with oesd from the SB into 5 people is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

In theory, I understand why.

In practice, they always fold when I flop the small blind special so why not here? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2007, 02:32 PM

I'm not a fan of completing, but that's a whole other discussion.

On the flop I probably don't bet because I don't want to get raised and someone is likely to bet anyway.

On the turn I snap call the all-in, if someone has 58 or T8 then too bad, reload. I'd say these are really low possibilities because they are trashy and also because why would he bet so much? He is more likely on a draw or has a set.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:27 PM

If he has a better straight so be it. I think you have to call here. There are so many other possibilities that you are beating and as someone else mentioned....your hand is very well disguised.