Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

Carry your bags. 1 Hour should be enough to get off the plane, go through immigration and get on the TurboJet ferry to Macau.

Hong Kong airport is very efficient and as long as you're not arriving on Saturday night on a holiday or something, it should be ok. Don't waste time though, once you leave the plan ask for directions ASAP, everyone understands English.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:11 AM

i posted earlier about people being credited for another appt event next year if you cannot attend the appt in macau this year. if anybody has been credited or anything of that nature please post. thank you.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Carry your bags. 1 Hour should be enough to get off the plane, go through immigration and get on the TurboJet ferry to Macau.

Hong Kong airport is very efficient and as long as you're not arriving on Saturday night on a holiday or something, it should be ok. Don't waste time though, once you leave the plan ask for directions ASAP, everyone understands English.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much. I thought the ferry is before the immigration, but anyway I will carry my bag and run across the hall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 11:45 AM

anyone need a roommate for this? i got a seat but havent sorted out accom.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you very much. I thought the ferry is before the immigration, but anyway I will carry my bag and run across the hall. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

From the download they prepared, (linked upthread):

Taking the Turbo Jet Sea Express Ferry directly from Hong Kong International Airport to the Macau Ferry
Terminal is by far the easiest way to get to Macau from the airport. No immigration or customs
procedures are required in Hong Kong, as long as you check-in at the TurboJet Sea Express Macau ferry
transfer desk before clearing customs.

More helpful info included. I's suggest downloading the PDF from the link in

this post.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Correction for speedgun: Note that the 1910 ferry direct from HKIA is BEFORE the immigration and customs clearance. And there's another direct ferry at 2200. If you arrive at 1810 it's highly unlikely you will make the 1910 ferry, however there might be some chance if you're carrying your own bags. Go directly to the Ferry Transfer Desk and try. Just be very patient and polite and they'll try to help you. If they can't, then make your way to the Hong Kong City Ferry Terminal.

Notice for all: Save yourself some headaches by downloading this document and printing out page 17. Most taxi drivers here do not know where the Grand Waldo on the Cotai Strip is (and the Chinese name sounds substantially different than its English name) and that print-out will help them understand where you want to go (far easier than speaking slower and louder hoping that gets the message across).

[ QUOTE ]
Couple of us are trying to buy-in in advance so we don't have to carry a ton of cash around there.. I notice that if I did a wire transfer it would get posted to my Stars account. Can I just buyin w/money already in Stars instead of wiring more cash?

[/ QUOTE ]
Answer for TheUsher: E-mail PokerStars for their policy on that; it depends on your situation. In most cases, no.

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone is missing the most important question. Is the booze free for tournament players? :P

[/ QUOTE ]
Answer for Chain Chomp: No, the booze is not free. But players will have free water at the tables.

Comment for olivert: Yes, we're very excited to have Jerry Yang, 2007 WSOP Main Event Champion, joining us in Macau. He will be one of at least four ME Champs in the Main Event!

Important note for all: Please remember we will be guests of the Special Administrative Region of Macau in the People's Republic of China. Even though we'll be playing Texas Hold'em, it's a long way from the Lone Star State. Be respectful (particularly to dealers) at the tables, and certainly to everyone away from them.

Current player count: 201 for the $2,500 Main Event, and 11 for the $15,000 High Roller Event.

7 days and counting to the first poker tournament in China! See you all in Macau next week.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:43 PM

Hey all I have a rather unique situation being that I qualified for the Macau trip however then realized I sadly cannot attend... However the account which the trip was won on has NO personal information in other words all if has is a screen name and an email address so fortunately I believe I can sell the entire account which would pretty much consist of the $2500 seat and the hotel accommodations in Macau. If anyone is interested in this I am up for offers, all offers will be considered, Cash, $T and $W so please PM me and let me know if you are interested. Don't pass up this great trip at a reduced price, my loss can really be a huge gain for you especially if you planned on attending [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Steve
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

# November 22 – Mega-satellites to the $2,500 Main Event & Opening night party

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning to play some sats for this event while I was in HK, but it looks like you've already hit over 200 players with a week to go before it starts. I have a feeling this event will reach maximum sell out. Oh well... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 10:53 PM

How many seats to the $2500 event will be reserved for the SnG qualifiers and MTT satellite on the first day?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM

HAS ANYBODY BEEN CREDITED TO ANOTHER APPT EVEN NEXT YEAR FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTEND THIS YEAR IN MACAU?