Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2007, 07:25 PM

Default NL25 TT overpair vs. good player, fire turn again?

Hi 2+2, some more advice needed, thank you very much in advance!

<u>Question:</u> Fire again at the turn? If so, what´s the plan against further resistance?

<u>Read:</u> villain plays well, speaking in NL25 terms, tight regular. He probably has a HUD running, which means he knows I c-bet a lot on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($13.40)
SB ($22.55)
BB ($17.40)
UTG ($15.90)
UTG+1 ($11.15)
Hero ($25)
MP2 ($11.90)
MP3 ($24.15)
CO ($7.40)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.7</font>, MP3 calls $2.70, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($9.65) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7.25</font>
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: NL25 TT overpair vs. good player, fire turn again?

Certainly no issue making a the c-bet on the flop, however I would like to see a bigger bet since you are going to have trouble getting rid of any draws with that full stack of yours and the implied odds contained therein. Plus, a bigger bet here and you have a better chance of knowing where you stand since if he's calling a larger bet with the button still to act behind him, there's a good probability you're beat already or he has a massive draw. You can also discount the idea that he's floating your c-bet since the button is still to act.

Heads up on the turn is a tough spot. Is he on a draw? Did he have a 6 already and just boat up? Prior to making the $7.25 bet did you ask yourself what he would do if he shoved? In this spot, you really don't have much clarity regarding where he stands. I guess it comes down to the larger flop bet. If you pot the flop and he calls, then I think you can check this turn - yeah, you're giving a free card but given that he is a solid player and he just flat called a PSB with a player still to act, would you think he was on a draw? Maybe, I guess, but I'd dicount that possibility.

Tough spot...others have any thoughts on this?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:20 PM

How tight is this guy? I mean would he call PF with something like A6s or 56s, or does he squeak and only call Pocket pairs? Do you think he would reraise with JJ+? In other words what kind of range do you give him?

You could bet a little more on the flop as there is a flush draw out there, but the board is really good to take down with a c-bet.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:44 AM

bet 3.50 on the flop, fire again on turn, fold to a shove. It's possible he has 22,44,55,77,88,99 or flush or combo draw, so you def have to fire again on turn. Why would you consider any other plan?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prior to making the $7.25 bet did you ask yourself what he would do if he shoved?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I would have folded, cursed myself, called me names and still wouldn´t have known any better.

[ QUOTE ]
How tight is this guy? I mean would he call PF with something like A6s or 56s, or does he squeak and only call Pocket pairs?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he cold-calls for set value only (~5% of all raises cold-called). Yes, I rather think he´d reraise at least QQ+ before the flop, but I am not completely sure.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 AM

imo, if you bet turn, you should call a shove. The board two-pair is one of those tricky situations where some people simply won't ever believe you (i.e. they would value shove 88).