Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Write a Brief Dissenting Opinion About a Popular Title Thread.

Graphics for Orange Box really look that bad to other people. I play TF2, looks pretty damn good to me.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing personal; i just disagree with the logic connecting gh to real guitar...u are spending time practicing gh on hard/expert in order to be a better player at that game; similiar to playing madden on pro mode or any other game...but if real guitar is more fun for u than gh, then obv play real guitar...if real guitar is more fun than any video game, then play real guitar instead of that video game...if another video game is more fun than gh, then play that video game

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, I've just gotten the same response from so many people when I tell them I don't like the game. It was fun for a while, but then it was work to get good. At least w/ practicing for other games it seems like less work and more fun.

For example I love practicing for Halo 3. I get a kick out of playing my brothers and their friends cause it can be 3 or 4 on 1 and I'll still win. Practicing on legendary is also fun, but sometimes frustrating, but still it doesn't seem like work. GH seemed like I needed to work (not play) to get better and I would rather put that work towards something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the time you spent playing Halo, you could have been an Olympic-caliber shooter.

[/ QUOTE ]

this would be a valid point if you were already a competitive shooter, and you spent your free time playing FPS video games instead of at the range. if someone isnt a guitar player i wouldnt expect them to understand, but when you see your guitar sitting there next to you and you re playing a game modelled after guitar playing it makes you feel bad for wasting time when you could be practicing. i dont think any of us here that play poker for money would consider spending much time playing a poker video game even if it somehow was really fun
Old 11-10-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a of games that I really enjoyed the 1s game in the series but can't really stand them any more b/c they are the same old thing over an over. Good examples for this are GTA, tony hawk, and resident evil. I really like other games like madden and halo wich change every little but i could play them forever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Halo has changed more than GTA or Resident Evil?? Really?? I guess that is your opinion...but dude, really?
Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 AM

the thing that broke oblivion was the enemy leveling with you. I don't want to be level 9999 and still fight for my live against a random bearor w/e.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like other games like madden and halo wich change every little but i could play them forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant to say Halo and Madden changed "very little?"
Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the thing that broke oblivion was the enemy leveling with you. I don't want to be level 9999 and still fight for my live against a random bearor w/e.

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC they were pretty proud of this system before it came out, trying to keep it challenging, but I always thought it might be better if certain areas had harder enemies than others, that might make the game somewhat linear though which I think they wanted to avoid, I dunno.

I think my biggest peeve about the entire game was if I go up and kill a patrolling guard in the woods in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE WITH NO ONE WATCHING, then bounce on my horse halfway across the world, there's pissed off guards waiting for me in whatever town I land in.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:58 AM

I have never considered Guitar Hero to be work for me. And yet I've gotten to the point where there are only 2 songs I can't beat on the hardest difficulty level between GH 2 and 3. If it's work for you, that's fine, but don't assume everyone else should be playing a real guitar because you can't play the video game.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:47 AM

nhl 08 for pc is an absolute joke. EA employees should be shot for this atrocity. the worst part about it is their online play. the online server software is so horrible. there's so many obvious improvements that could have been made but they were way too lazy, and focused all their energy on xbox360. to make matters worse, their marketing of the game was the same for all systems. ie. they had one general advertisement talking about all the improvements made for nhl 08, when really those improvements were only in the xbox360 version. the pc version has basically been the same for at least 4 years.

it's a yearly disappointment but i can't help myself from buying it. i'm definitely done with them next year though. i'm so mad it's not even funny. i should have known after last year's disaster, but i got too excited for hockey season and couldn't resist.

god damn it EA, you've ruined my night. i need a scotch.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:58 AM

I don't care if it isn't really popular, but [censored] you zach and wiki. I like puzzle games, I like having to think. But what I don't like it having to repeat the whole level over because I forgot one dumb step. Checkpoints are nice when you have multilevel complex puzzles where one small mistake [censored] everything up. So yeah [censored] you game, you tilt me worse than poker.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:32 AM

Re: Oblivion combat.

I love RPGs, especially JRPGs with turn based or semi-interactive combat. But I also think Oblivion's combat really needs to be overhauled. It's not 'deep'/strategic enough for turn based fans and it's not interactive enough for action based fans. It just kind of leaves both sorts of players feeling disappointed imo (does anybody really like Oblivion's combat?)

Mixing the Fight Night type controls into the game would be awesome if they could actually pull it off. Would also open alot of fun possibilities like obtaining new fighting styles/stances that could be earned through quests.