Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2006, 08:59 PM

Default ($27) JJ on the bubble

CO is a regular, note that shorty only has 3.5BB left.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t400 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t3750)
Button (t5550)
Hero (t2840)
BB (t1360)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO raises to t800, Button folds, Hero...
Old 12-31-2006, 09:11 PM

Default Re: ($27) JJ on the bubble

i think id shove. you put too much weight on stacks in this particular situation if you want to fold, imo
Old 12-31-2006, 09:38 PM

he's a reg, so what does his minraise mean?

I fold this unless, i'd seen him minraise/fold to push before
Old 01-01-2007, 06:26 AM

Minraise from a reg in this spot often means "I've got this one buddy" as in the CO has a hand he'd like to race BB with for the rest of his chips but not one so good he doesn't want to leave himself room for an escape. That or its AA/KK. Not much help, I know. If I know its the former I'm obv shoving.

Anyways I think I'm just calling here without a read hoping BB will come along. UTG opening here other than AI is very scary from a regualr given his chip position and that he must go through the big stack button. Ideally he(BB) goes ahead and puts the rest of his chips in. If shorty folds I'm shoving any undercard flop and probably Q hi ones too.

If BB comes along and the flop is unders I'd bet enough to deny shorty a free card but small enough where I could get away if it goes bet-call-shove(from CO).

Interesting spot.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:29 AM

do we have any FE here ? id say no..vill needs to be like 33+,A4o+,A2s+,KJo+,KTs+ for a shove here to be any good. i hate it but i muck.
Old 01-01-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do we have any FE here ? id say no..vill needs to be like 33+,A4o+,A2s+,KJo+,KTs+ for a shove here to be any good. i hate it but i muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've got FE. He calls and loses and he's crippled badly facing the BB.

Welcome home bengiec.

Cash>SNG's?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Minraise from a reg in this spot often means "I've got this one buddy" as in the CO has a hand he'd like to race BB with for the rest of his chips but not one so good he doesn't want to leave himself room for an escape. That or its AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant say that i recall seeing a minraise in a situation like this from a regular ever. i dont know who the regular is but i know most all the 27s regulars and a lot of them arent good. as it stands, im not convinced this is a big pair except against one specific regular at the 27s that i know.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways I think I'm just calling here without a read hoping BB will come along. UTG opening here other than AI is very scary from a regualr given his chip position and that he must go through the big stack button. Ideally he(BB) goes ahead and puts the rest of his chips in. If shorty folds I'm shoving any undercard flop and probably Q hi ones too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is too wishful thinking. you leave yourself in check/fold mode for most Q high and all A/K flops (hint: weak). calling the minraise preflop already creates a pretty big pot and praying that all goes well and you hit a clean overpair and hoping for short stack BB to stack off....all pretty wishful and i think its spewage at this blind level. id expect most BBs to fold and hope you drown in this hand, and ive also seen a ton of the "TAG" multi tablers at the 27s raise/fold in the late game, not necessarily in this specific situation, but ive seen it way too much from seemingly knowledgeable players that turn out to be morons.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:52 PM

Do you have any reads on CO? Do you know what this open mr means for this player?