Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: 3/6 turn

I dont like the random overs or random Ace peels either and I will give the raisers a lot of credit here, but......

If this flop was j62 no club I fold but since we have a club and a j and 7 thus giving us a lot of cards we like and getting either 13 or 14 to 1 on a call I think a fold on this flop would be incorrect.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 PM

vince,

what percentage of the time do you think the tricky lag checkraises this flop?

Out of the times that he does checkraise, what percentage does BB 3bet?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:27 PM

I'm not sure if this matters, but for those who know them BB is Tommy and SB is Cece.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Nice game and seat selection.....Having those 2 on your left is not a place you want to be....Neither of these people know you and I am sure they both have seen you as a 1 2 player, so the hand ranges here are a lot wider than most will think...I guarantee you they think you are the spot and easy....not cause you are, but because they will interpret you in the game as taking a shot and overly tight. I know he called you down with A high earlier, but that is just Tommy.

I definately raise the turn, for 2 reasons....1) They will both respect your raise since they dont see you as tricky or laggy....2) Tommy can have a lot of hands that either you can beat or he cant 3 bet.....knowing how Tommy will try to bully your type paying off here I think is a must.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:24 PM

youre against two players who are tricky tough aggressive and like their hands apparently. a flop fold is most prudent.

once you get to the turn you should simply call down. sb's most likely hand is an A so you have her reverse dominated, no reason to shut her out.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:25 PM

yes that does matter. definitely dont fold the turn and definitely do fold the flop.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM

"what percentage of the time do you think the tricky lag checkraises this flop? Out of the times that he does checkraise, what percentage does BB 3bet?"

well said. whenever someone tries to tag along in these sort of spots aggressive regulars try and raise and reraise him out almost on principle. i think raising the flop trying to represent a J is better than calling. (folding still being the smartest option).
Old 09-10-2007, 11:32 PM

"does the hand become not worth discussing if your assessment is true?"

if it was brian or mike as the button then the thread is definitely flawed because tommy and cc would react differently to them.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:29 AM

Yeah it definitely matters if it's you or somebody else. It sure seems like it was, so it probably was. Honestly I'd probably raise and if tommy 3 bet call down cause what mike L hit on is right, i tihnk. He probably views you as a shot-taker and he's better than I am and even I would definitely react differently and try a little harder to run you over.

CC surely doesn't have to have anything. Her range is so incredibly wide and she probably thinks she can outplay the shot-taker and tommy is aware of this and wants to A) shut you out B) try to keep CC from taking adv of it.

Obviously either player could have a huge hand, but meh, if I was there I woulda probably called the flop in your shoes too. Given that I made it to the turn, I'm sure as hell raising. If I wasn't going to raise a 9 when the action went like this than I think you should just fold you hand on the flop.

The only way I'm folding this hand now is if somehow 4 bets go in on the turn. I'm convinced by that point that one of them can beat a 9.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice game and seat selection.....Having those 2 on your left is not a place you want to be

[/ QUOTE ]

if only you could have seen who was on my right.