Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Default Re: turn spot

[ QUOTE ]
i think you mistyped again? you keep saying calling is inferior. anyway, i agree raising isn't a horrible mistake, but it's just clearly worse than calling, so why do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you can? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get pre-flop. If you're gonna raise because you can, how do you not 4 bet? You could've, right? Whatever reasons you had to raise 3 limpers the first time, only intensify when it comes back around to you for 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

the limpers are drooling idiots, the BB is an expert. i had the best hand. BB just told me i no longer do. 4betting would be retarded.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:23 PM

really? drooling idiots are never limping in with better aces?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get pre-flop. If you're gonna raise because you can, how do you not 4 bet? You could've, right? Whatever reasons you had to raise 3 limpers the first time, only intensify when it comes back around to you for 3-bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

the limpers are drooling idiots, the BB is an expert. i had the best hand. BB just told me i no longer do. 4betting would be retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully think you should re-look at this. I'm not saying 4-betting is mandatory, but it certainly should be considered. That the BB is the only other player in the hand who ISN'T a drooling idiot is all the more reason to re-raise. He's the one you want to throw off. The others coming along for the ride just add to your share of equity, which isn't huge w/A2s, but isn't miniscule either.

I also think raising 3 limpers (even idiots) pf with A2, bedcause it's probably the best hand at the moment is a bit dubious. Your raising more for your implied odds than anything else with A2s. I actually like a 4-bet (after your 1st raise), more than an initial raise. -IMHO
Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully think you should re-look at this. I'm not saying 4-betting is mandatory, but it certainly should be considered. That the BB is the only other player in the hand who ISN'T a drooling idiot is all the more reason to re-raise. He's the one you want to throw off. The others coming along for the ride just add to your share of equity, which isn't huge w/A2s, but isn't miniscule either.

I also think raising 3 limpers (even idiots) pf with A2, bedcause it's probably the best hand at the moment is a bit dubious. Your raising more for your implied odds than anything else with A2s. I actually like a 4-bet (after your 1st raise), more than an initial raise. -IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop is marginal. the point of the post is the turn.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i really think you're wrong here.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i really think you're wrong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

any of them are raising an ace preflop 97% of the time.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:25 PM

My first thought was that a drooling idiot easily might limp (or overlimp), with hands like A7o, 33, etc. That's why I prefer an overlimp with A2s. But raising isn't terrible and I guess the question was about the turn... Which we agree on btw! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2007, 10:05 PM

Lestat are you serious? Your initial post might be the worst I have ever read....4 betting here is borderline retarded we hava A2!!!! Raising preflop to get the button, take control of the pot vs the idiot limpers, and get marginal blinds to fold seems ok (not great not terrible) but 4 betting now is just dumb.....on flop you can raise for value or call you should have 8 flush outs and 3 Ace outs I would think (he should have big pr thus one less flush out). I think raising the turn is fine as no one has a 7 and you can chk the river if you dont improve if you feel he has AK rather than a big pr. It is hard to get reraised even by AK but if he does you have a few chop outs and several win outs.....calling is ok, but I dont think raising is horrible.