Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2007, 09:41 AM

Default Beat: Just Found out my sister is my mom

So my mom and dad told me yesterday that they are really my grandparents. My reaction was WTF!!!!!!!

So growing up I had a "sister". She was much older than me. 16 years, so i think she moved out of the house when I was like 2. I really don't remember her living with us at all. I remember her coming to visit on holidays and she was married. She got divorced about 5 years ago, I really didn't know her husband that well. My parents were really poor ,and so was my sister, but I remeber when she came to visit she always brought me really cool toys (guilt???). She got me a nintendo 64 for christmas which was awesome when I was 15 or whatever. My parents where mid 30s when I was born so my family was pretty normal besides the fact that I had a sister much older but I guess I didn't think about it that much. I figured we were both accidents cuz they were pretty young when they had her and pretty old when they had me. But whatver, most people are probably accidents and overall they were good parents.

My grandmother (great grandmother now I guess) just died and me my mom, dad and sister are all together for the first time in a while. My mom is crying since her mom just died and she decides to tell my now the whole story.

After she tells me my sister (mom) starts crying and my dad (grandfather)leaves the room. I am pretty shaken up by the whole thing. After a while I start asking questions. The first one is who the hell is my dad. I assumed it was the guy my sister was married to for a while but it turns out it was somebody else. He killed himself when my sister (mom) was pregnant and they figured the best shot I had at a decent life was telling me that they were my parents.

I cried for a little bit. I am 23 and don't remeber the last time I cried in front of my parents. The weird part is I had a pretty good childhood. I think there was no way my sister could have raised me given how young she was and given the fact that my dad shot himself when she was pregnant. I wish they had told me earlier.

I don't think I can ever think of my sister as my mom and I will always think of my grandparents as mom and dad.

Thanks for reading. Not sure why I posted this but you guys and my girlfriend are the first people I have told. Its gonna be really weird telling all my friends. When I build up the strength I am going to ask my sister about my dad. I guess alot of people never knew there dad but I always thought I did so it is pretty crazy to realize half my genes come from some random dude that shot himself.

Edit (fixed typo on age when I got 64)