Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Default pf hand selection-pto question

ive been playing 6-max 50 PLO a lot for past few days and have become more and more comfortable with it as the forum has helped. i know i still dont have that much experience, but i play holdem aggressively and this seems to carry over to PLO. ive been opening wider than i started off and even dabbled in 3betting those i think are nut peddlers.

basically, i dont have PTO yet so it would be hard for me to tell, but is there anyway/anything i can look for to see if i am opening too wide and sprewing chips? its hard for me to judge since i feel very comfortable with the game and the postflop play at this level isnt great, so my pf leaks are possibly overshadowed or covered up.

until i get PTO whast the best way to judge if im too wide? and could possibly fix a leak before trying another level?

additionally, i already emailed PT support a while ago and never got a response. Does anyone know their policy about PT/PTO and reformatting my computer? i had to reformat a while ago and was wondering if i could get a new version, since i have already paid for it.

anyone have the pt support email address? support@pokertracker.com?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: pf hand selection-pto question

I play VERY LAG preflop for the simple fact that most peoples post flop play just plain SUCKS at PLO. I raise ~ 75% of the time PF from the CO and button... I play slightly more cautious/tight from early position, but generally run at seeing ~ 60% of the flops (6 handed)...I'm not sure if this is "sound" strat. but it seems to work quite well for me. That being said, I play low stakes 1/2 - 3/6 blinds. I'm sure at the higher levels, the post flop play is much better and my PF strat. would be less effective.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:50 AM

Pokerstars gives you basic stats in the stats tab.

I think that Pat will give you PT again if you have already paid for it once.

I can tell you that when you were at my one table yesterday, you were a total [censored] nit, running 15/6/4.

That was just one table tho.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:55 AM

oh, and not that its a huge deal, but if you ask questions like "XXXX, are you 2p2?" they will largely go unanswered while at the table.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:18 AM

Rephrase it to "XXXX, are you 4?" just for the publicity nits amongst us.