Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Re: If Hillary wins the nomination would Obama accept a VP?

[ QUOTE ]
the midwest historically doesn't follow Illinois, which is by far the most liberal state there

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree with this. I think Minnesota wins this one by quite a large margin, but that's beside the point.

Your overall point is a good one. In terms of Illinois, Obama wouldn't add much to a Clinton ticket. First, Hillary is from Illinois. Second, there is little chance that Hillary (even without local connections) would lose Illinois anyway.

The important question for Clinton (should she get the nomination) is which candidate will help her the most. Obama certainly has a lot of charm. He does have a downside, however. First, his natural charisma might be bad for Clinton in that she isn't the most charismatic of individuals. Second, I think a ticket that has both a black man and a woman is one that would be hard to stomach. Clinton would be wise to pick a VP candidate who is seen as a moderating voice to couple with a perceived far-left candidate.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM

Clark is really the perfect match as a running mate for Hilary. He provides like everything she does not have. White male, ex military, Southerner, "moderate," and has a base of support already due to 2004 Democrat campaign.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Question is who would her other top choices be. I think it depends on how ugly the battle for the spot gets
Old 06-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Wes Clark will be her VP for sure if she wins. The only way I see her offering it to BO is if she just sqeaks out the nomination.
To be honest...Wes Clark should probably also be Obama's VP if he wins
Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The important question for Clinton (should she get the nomination) is which candidate will help her the most. Obama certainly has a lot of charm. He does have a downside, however. First, his natural charisma might be bad for Clinton in that she isn't the most charismatic of individuals. Second, I think a ticket that has both a black man and a woman is one that would be hard to stomach. Clinton would be wise to pick a VP candidate who is seen as a moderating voice to couple with a perceived far-left candidate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i sincerely doubt there is very much overlap between people would would vote for a Democratic female presidential candidate and people who wouldnt vote for a black vice-presidential candidate.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the midwest historically doesn't follow Illinois, which is by far the most liberal state there

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally disagree with this. I think Minnesota wins this one by quite a large margin, but that's beside the point.

Your overall point is a good one. In terms of Illinois, Obama wouldn't add much to a Clinton ticket. First, Hillary is from Illinois. Second, there is little chance that Hillary (even without local connections) would lose Illinois anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Minnesota isn't in the Midwest, its South Canada.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:52 PM

Our country is [censored]. Too much government, shtty state funded elemet and secondary education, excessive welfare. Although societies inherently take away some of people's ability to be selfustaining, does anyone really deserve more than this?
-Principle based contract enforcement system
-Adequate national defense
-Basic nutrititave food rations
-A indoor cot and clean shower
-Prenatal/prevatative/early development healtcare
-Equitably funded education opportunities

Hilary seems to think we owe people more. WTF?!
No one has any fing idea what (if?) Barak thinks.
Rebubs are all fing corupt or religiously mystified.

Out country is [censored] and will get much worse. Does the election really matter?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM

I think Mark Warner is a likely nominee. Moderate, southern state that could easily swing. Course, he needs to want it.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Obama would be open to being VP, but I think Gore would be much more likely to making him a deal for the VP slot than Clinton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. And I am wondering if it would not be a better ticket than Hillary / Obama. When you have two people who have sex appeal with independents without being too controversial (well, at least not to Hillary's extent), why not use them. What do you think?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Mark Warner is a likely nominee. Moderate, southern state that could easily swing. Course, he needs to want it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Warner is likely going to run for the Senate in 08 in VA or Governor again in 09. I can see him being Obama or Edwards VP but not Clinton. Clinton has a deep bench of DLCers who have been helping her out for a long time. I see no chance that she picks outside of that, unless she was forced to ala Obama coming close and people demanding it.