Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: DN\'s momma needs a spliff

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if some of you were offended. I didn't find what I did offensive towards black people. Even still, to make sure the blog was sent to a black audience of people, only one of which I actually knew, and not one of those people had anything negative to say about it.

I wore that outfit on Halloween a few years ago too. In high school and before many of my best friends were Jamaican, and they were never offended by me doing that sort of thing.

I know what blackface is. Using face make up to create a black character isn't blackface IMO. It's done on all kinds of platforms, from SNL to MadTV. It's done in films as well, both ways. White Chicks didn't offend me in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if White Chicks didn't offend you, you have no respect for the hallowed art form of film.

And, as someone else pointed out, Ted Danson probably thought he had a get-out-of-PC-free card, too. But he didn't.

People are idiotically sensitive in this country. I think a lot of people here are saying that they weren't offended, but that they couldn't get their heads around the fact that you didn't realize that many, many people would be.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 PM

i totally agree with daniel negranue on the last sentence white chicks didnt offend white people, i know when i saw it i laughed, think about Borat im jewish and hang around alot of jews who thought borat was funny...no harm on joking!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the problem with doing impressions?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, it's not the "impression" that would be offensive. It's the fact that he spread shoe polish all over his face to impersonate a black person. Second of all, I'm not offended by it at all, despite that it wasn't remotely funny. But you can't understand why this would offend black people? And before you start with this [censored], "BLACK PEOPLE DON'T NEED YOU TO BE THEIR DADDY," that's not what I'm doing. It just exemplifies a certain amount of cluelessness when you post a video like this without understanding how completely ridiculous and ignorant you look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't read all 20 pages of this dumbasss thread. Any black people posting? You said it offended black people. Is Phil Ivey refusing to talk to DN now?

I'm really just curious, is it the black people that are offended, or the insecure white liberals?

...Not that I really care if either was offended.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:13 PM

its a little weird when people don't know they're bumping month old threads
Old 07-18-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 excerpts from dn posts

1. So, if you found out that someone you respect actually has a faith in God, does that actually make you think less of their intellect? If so, do you not think that your thinking ia a little flawed?

no when they use the word their instead of they're it does....or maybe they just never were taught english in canada

2. That's obviously a very simple example, but there are countless others. For example, young children in Africa don't go to hell when they die at 2 yeard old. Jesus brings them to Heaven, thus maintaining the truth in the phrase, "The only way to Heaven is through me."

the "in africa" part is only necessary if you believe all alfricans go to hell, ya racist baaaaastad! ZING!

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, and "their" is the correct word to be using. What you're saying he should have said would be, "Does that actually make you think less of they are intellect?"

Edit: I thought maybe DN did the black guy thing again, and thus a new thread on it :P
Old 07-18-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's the problem with doing impressions?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, it's not the "impression" that would be offensive. It's the fact that he spread shoe polish all over his face to impersonate a black person. Second of all, I'm not offended by it at all, despite that it wasn't remotely funny. But you can't understand why this would offend black people? And before you start with this [censored], "BLACK PEOPLE DON'T NEED YOU TO BE THEIR DADDY," that's not what I'm doing. It just exemplifies a certain amount of cluelessness when you post a video like this without understanding how completely ridiculous and ignorant you look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't read all 20 pages of this dumbasss thread. Any black people posting? You said it offended black people. Is Phil Ivey refusing to talk to DN now?

I'm really just curious, is it the black people that are offended, or the insecure white liberals?

...Not that I really care if either was offended.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ooh, a response five months later...

I should revise and say "some black people would be offended." I didn't mean to imply that ALL would. And the fact that you're only highlighting that aspect of my post makes it pretty clear that you don't really get my point. Read Rushmore's post about five up. I'm not offended, I'm just shocked that DN didn't realize that some people might find it offensive. I felt very embarrassed for him, that's all.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:54 PM

Again, I don't think any black people were offended. He said he showed it to some black people and they didn't have a problem with it - no one who is black has come forth in this thread and said they were offended by it. So, the some people that might find it offensive are white people, who have nothing to do with it. The amount of "omg SOMEONE somewhere might be offended" pussyfooting around is getting ridiculous.

I'm going to go listen to George Carlin.