Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2006, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Vegas... and not 21

Appreciate the info, I'll play for sure.

but now back to the other question. Clubs/Shows, hit me with the best. Lance Burton/Ave Q I heard were great, but aren't playing during the WSOP.
Old 05-25-2006, 04:28 AM

What is Wynn replacing Ave Q with?
Old 05-25-2006, 04:56 AM

No idea, I just know the show is ending May 28th. Which sucks because that seems like something I would laugh my ass off to.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 AM

Yeah - I was also in Vegas last summer, for 2 weeks, while I was 20. I played about 130 hours of poker during that time, most of it at the Wynn, but a good amount of time at the Bellagio and the Palms. I also played a bit at the Rio, and maybe somewhere else.

I got carded twice during the whole time. The first time I was sweating my friends playing blackjack. I had just shaved that day (the strategy was to shave as little as possible during the trip, but 2 weeks is too long) and was in a T-shirt and shorts (another part of the strategy was to wear nice shirts and pants. I wasn't sure this part was actually important but when the floorman came over he said "well, you look pretty stylish [sarcastic - [censored] [censored]], but can I see some ID" so I guess it matters).
When this happened, I casually said "sure" and reached in my pocket to get my wallet. Then I acted surprised when my ID wasn't there. The floorman told me to leave the pit area, and I said "I think I left it in the poker room," where I went and started playing again. I'm pretty sure if I would have just said "I don't have my ID," nothing bad would have happened; he would have just told me to leave.

The other time I was carded was at the Bellagio. It was a really busy day, and I was already on the waitlist. I went back to check on my name on the list, but apparently it had just been called. The floorman said he'd call me next, but asked to see my ID (didn't ask my friend who was 23, but he definitely looks older than me). I said sure, reached in my pocket, just as I had done at the Wynn, but he walked away (like I said, it was busy), so I just walked away from the poker room. I decided to just leave and go somewhere else and was half way out the Bellagio when my friend called my cell and told me they still reserved a seat for me at Table X. So I went back, sat down, and played for 5 or so hours.

Moral of the story is, you'll be fine. If you get carded, [censored] instead of saying "I'm not 21", and what's the worst that can happen. They may kick you out, but I'm sure they'll let you cash out if you have chips.