Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right because 1x200 page thread WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER TO FOLLOW?

luls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

No the other schmuck whining about having too many threads.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nearly 22000 players on AP right now (yes I know that includes play money). 95% of poker players have no idea what 2+2 is. This will have virtually no impact on Absolute. Everyone has predicted the demise of Absolute many times over (bonus changes, rake changes, Bad beat jackpot changes, etc) and it has never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

this holds true right now, but if the scandal ever catches on with a national/global media outlet... AP is screwed.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned in a previous post in this thread, I really disagree.

I've seen all kinds of incorrect stories about how it's illegal to play internet-poker...and also saw stories about how online-poker is always rigged against the human players who have virtually no chance against all those cheaters who can see everyone's hole-cards and/or all those bots that can never lose.

I've seen such stories on REGULAR news programs in the U.S.

They do serve to feed the fears who are paranoid about it and may push some into not giving it a try. But, for the most part, these stories did very little.

Such stories airing on a national scale would not be that big a deal because there are so many out there who would say, "Ummm, didn't we already know there were cheaters and it was all rigged? They aren't telling us anything new."

You are operating on the assumption that everyone already actually understands that all of these online-poker sites are legit, they don't steal your money, and that the games are 100% fair.
Most of the country would be more surprised to find out how much closer to the truth that actually is vs. some story about how some people lost money via a cheater online which they would have already assumed happened all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

you make a lot of good points, but my premise was that is BY FAR the biggest scandal to have hit online poker. if something else happened that has surpassed this that i somehow don't know about, correct me. a story of this magnitude hasn't yet been recorded- so this time around, it could be different. the amount of money potentially stolen is massive, and i believe this could really catch the attention of someone without even the slightest knowledge of online poker. the type of money we're talking about, the fact it's an inside job going all the way up to the CEO, and the cover-up that ensued just makes this really intriguing. i think it could get a lot of attention and AP will be backed into a corner.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Guys, Mark Seif is playing in the 1k right now and he is discussing (arguing, debating, etc.) the scandal with railbirds and players.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 09:14 PM

post chat plz
Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
post chat plz

[/ QUOTE ]

If any one cares Mark Seif is playing in the 100,000 tourny and is getting it pretty good from the rail.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm grunching and this time that's exactly the point.

What in the [censored] is this?

|
|
V

[ QUOTE ]
10/17 update:

The Potripper account belongs to AJ Green, former Director of Operations at AP and Scott Tom's best friend. AJ Green is currently VP of operations at nine.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is the new thread going to start with something that's never been discussed to this point? (the point at which a reader would start, at the first post of this thread)

Aren't these threads intended for srs biz and aren't they gong to be linked to from many different sources?

I don't think it's possible to [censored] up the continuity of the story more if you tried.

If this was just for 2p2 entertainment purposes it'd be a minor annoyance but this is srs and [censored] up. Aren't we trying to confuse people as little as possible? Wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo, I did that but you're right. Fixing it.

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker can never be trusted again, no matter what they do. They are through. They have to be. Because we've always said that an online poker room would never rig games or cheat players in any way, since it would ruin them if it was ever found out. Well, it happened, we've found out, and if Absolute doesn't go out of business over this, then the whole theory of why poker rooms wouldn't rig their games goes out the window.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM

I think the evidence on the 'new' accounts, at least what's been presented so far, is at best equivocal. I need to see a lot more to seriously consider something other than these victories being anything different than a satellite donkey going the full Jerry Yang for one tourney.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Right because 1x200 page thread WOULD BE SO MUCH EASIER TO FOLLOW?

luls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

No the other schmuck whining about having too many threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored] god you're an idiot. AT WHAT POINT DID I COMPLAIN ABOUT TOO MANY THREADS?? IS YOUR READING COMPREHENSION THAT BAD AND ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THAT [censored] STUPID!?!?!?!?

My tolerance is at an all time low.

WILL YOU [censored] TARDS PLEASE STOP CLUTTERING THE THREADS WITH RETARDATION
Closed Thread