Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Top Top, Chop Chop?

My read here was that he only has AK/KK+. Questions are how reasonable is that read, and given this read should I have played preflop or flop differently? Matt Flynn or Sunny might have something to say about this, and if they do I'd love to hear it...

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $50.75
BB: $51.55
UTG: $52.25
Hero (CO): $54.20
BTN: $48.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $6.75</font>, Hero calls $4.75

Flop: ($13.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $11.50</font>, Hero calls $11.50

Turn: ($36.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $33.30</font>, Hero
Old 10-01-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Top Top, Chop Chop?

I think I would fold preflop since you are oop.

but I don't think you can call the flop/turn here. At most you are hoping to chop, but he has two hands that will beat you (KK,AA) do you have any stats on villain?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:01 AM

I would call the turn. You're beat by AA only and if he has a 3/22 then whatever. Also if your read is AK/KK+, why call PF? Doesn't make much sense imo.

Anyhoo, calling one street with TPTK and folding to a nice turn is spewy. Fold PF if you are folding in this spot.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read here was that he only has AK/KK+.

[/ QUOTE ]

errr, what? why?

hellz yeah call the turn
Old 10-01-2007, 01:39 AM

Without a read villain range is way wider then AK/KK+...If his range was that narrow why call PF...TPTK in a 3 bet pot=the nutz...
Old 10-01-2007, 01:45 AM

Your call on the flop puts 35% of your starting stack into the pot. If you call on the flop, you have to be committed to go all the way.

If you're not willing to commit here given the stack sizes, you probably should have folded preflop. After all, what were you hoping for? Trips or better?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read here was that he only has AK/KK+.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have stats on the guy?
Old 10-01-2007, 01:51 AM

I got quetsions: is calling PF here a spew? Fit or miss seems lame, but I admit, its a line I take alot when deeper than 100bb.

I'd say you should raise the flop. He is usually not betting KKK this hard unless he is a grinder, plus you have a K, so IMO KK is totally unlikely. Narrowing his range to 99+ and AK and AQ.

I guess if he is really agro (smart) you might wanna smooth call and hope he double barrels, but I am usually repoping on flop b/c I don't want random hands like Kx to suckout, plus most ppl dont double barel bluff OOP.

IMO your AK is way ahead of most unknows ranges. You really need to know your opponent to put him on AA so easily,
Old 10-01-2007, 01:52 AM

If Villain has anything less than TPTK , why would he keep betting? If you call that flop, you have to put it in on the flop since nothing really changed. But I would fold preflop/flop here.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call the turn. You're beat by AA only and if he has a 3/22 then whatever. Also if your read is AK/KK+, why call PF? Doesn't make much sense imo.

Anyhoo, calling one street with TPTK and folding to a nice turn is spewy. Fold PF if you are folding in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Orange, I didn't have his range narrowed down that far preflop. Preflop his range was wider than AK/KK+, although he was not a total moron. What I did know was that if the flop came like it did and the action was like it was, he could only have TPTK or better.

This doesn't necessarily mean I should fold preflop, in fact it might mean I should push preflop.