Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: Am I being a nit?

Agree, I should give it time and not make a big deal about it. I just don't like the situation of me bringing my own stuff for my own use yet not being able to watch/play at my leisure.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Agree, I should give it time and not make a big deal about it. I just don't like the situation of me bringing my own stuff for my own use yet not being able to watch/play at my leisure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a little nitty. I brought everything too. While I typically have the remote on my said, if we're both watching TV I make sure it's something we both want to watch. As long as he's careful with your [censored], I don't think it really matters.

By the way, what dorm are you staying in? I posted this in the other thread but I doubt you'll look there again. I'm a freshman at GT staying in Towers.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling. There are two types of people in this sitation:

Person A - "Dude, thanks for bringing all this cool [censored]. I'll buy all the groceries next time we need them."
Person B - The opposite of person A, which sounds like your roomate.

Just try your hardest not to take it personal. You guys are going to be around each other a whole lot and the last thing you need is to be upset with each other.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 PM

You might think you'd prefer him to pick up groceries, but that would indicate some sort of "trade" had taken place and your directional control over the stuff would decrease a little.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a little nitty. I brought everything too. While I typically have the remote on my said, if we're both watching TV I make sure it's something we both want to watch. As long as he's careful with your [censored], I don't think it really matters.

By the way, what dorm are you staying in? I posted this in the other thread but I doubt you'll look there again. I'm a freshman at GT staying in Towers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Freshman in Smith...we're like two buildings away from each other.

I'm trying not to take it personal, mostly I just want a little respect shown towards my personal things. Like when I'm watching TV, he doesn't come in and change the channel.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You might think you'd prefer him to pick up groceries, but that would indicate some sort of "trade" had taken place and your directional control over the stuff would decrease a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely see your point here.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM

you have to be 5'2" w/ a small pecker....f'ing nit
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM

You're a complete douchebag. You bought the stuff on your own, he didn't say, yo, you buy the TV and I'll buy everything else.

Also, making him buy games for your system? WTF?

Unless your name is Rent-A-Center, you're a tool.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:36 PM

"Dude, I'm bringing an X-Box and HDTV for the room."
"Sweet, sounds good."
"Those groceries, I think you should pay for them since I brought the TV."
"Um, ok."
"And if you want to play any X-Box games, you should buy them for us. I'll hold onto them, though, since I own the system."
"Errrr, ok." Thinks: "how long into the year before I have earned my right to be his roommate without paying this douchebag arbitrary fees"

You have a long year ahead of you if you insist on things being "yours" while also demanding payments. If he is paying more than 50/50 for ongoing expenses, you dont have a right to be high and mighty about "rights" to the TV remote.

Note: This assumes that you and your roommate did not negotiate who was going to buy the TV before coming to school. If you had said "I'll buy the TV, you can contribute other stuff like food," then you are correct about his paying extra for things. However, if this was the case, then you are partners, and thus have equal say to the TV's usage.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a complete douchebag. You bought the stuff on your own, he didn't say, yo, you buy the TV and I'll buy everything else.

Also, making him buy games for your system? WTF?

Unless your name is Rent-A-Center, you're a tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

My name isn't Rent-A-Center, but actually he did tell me to bring the TV and Xbox.