Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 03:57 AM

Default general spot

assume you're utg. what are your thoughts on this spot, in general? like what do you have, what would you call a river bet with, what would you bet river with, what would you call a c/r with, etc. (also my spot - what do i have)

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) milesdyson is BB
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, milesdyson calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.6SB, 2 players)
milesdyson checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, milesdyson calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3.3BB, 2 players)
milesdyson checks, UTG checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3.3BB, 2 players)
milesdyson checks...
Old 08-24-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: general spot

QQ and TT-55. Against you I am not calling any of those if you bet. I might call QQ but I'd convince myself you wouldnt value bet a J so all I have is a bluff catcher.

EDIT: I would bet with QQ and check TT-55

Ax, x &lt; T. With these I am obviously calling a bet.

Edit: I would bet any Ax
Old 08-24-2007, 04:31 AM

On the river I can have any ace and worse hands. I'm not paying off with worse than Ax since you won't valuebet a jack, and I don't think you'll bluff to fold a chop or QQ. You also probably won't bet Ax since I won't payoff worse hands.

I won't bet with Ax &lt; Q since I don't think you'll payoff with a jack. The only hand I would consider valuebetting is AQ. I think there's a decent chance you're going for a check/raise with Kx or a flush since I think most TAGs would value bet a chopping Ax on autopilot. However Ax will still payoff so I'd valuebet AQ.

If I bet AQ and got check/raised I would fold although it's exploitable, but I don't think you'll bother in a 4BB pot.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the river I can have any ace and worse hands. I'm not paying off with worse than Ax since you won't valuebet a jack, and I don't think you'll bluff to fold a chop or QQ. You also probably won't bet Ax since I won't payoff worse hands.

I won't bet with Ax &lt; Q since I don't think you'll payoff with a jack. The only hand I would consider valuebetting is AQ. I think there's a decent chance you're going for a check/raise with Kx or a flush since I think most TAGs would value bet a chopping Ax on autopilot. However Ax will still payoff so I'd valuebet AQ.

If I bet AQ and got check/raised I would fold although it's exploitable, but I don't think you'll bother in a 4BB pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would always bet again on the turn with AQ. Is this wrong?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would always bet again on the turn with AQ. Is this wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would too actually. So I guess I'm checking behind everything on the river.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

EDIT: I would bet with QQ and check TT-55

Ax, x &lt; T. With these I am obviously calling a bet.

Edit: I would bet any Ax

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Dyson is paying off with Jx? If you're checking behind worse pocket pairs all he can beat is T9s/98s/T8s/87s, depending on how low you go, which you might not even bet, so he shouldn't payoff with Jx.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:52 AM

"Edit: I would bet any Ax "

this is what i was hoping, but i think sharpie is right too. i think when he says "most TAGs would value bet a chopping Ax on autopilot" is what i thought when i tried to checkraise a flush on the river.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:05 AM

Just to make it clear: When I wrote Ax x &lt; T I meant any kicker T and below. So I wouldnt have AQ if I checked the turn.

I think Miles is smart enough to know that when I check the turn I have a pp, Ax x &lt; T and a J. Since Miles know that I know that he is quite capable of c/f'ing I think he will sometimes pay me of with a J. He definetely should call a river bet by me if he had a J. (This means I wont ever play you again Miles [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

All that said I think you should have bet the river with a frush because a lot of TAGs will be betting Ax on the turn so you have to discount those when turn gets checked through - depending on the player of course.

EDIT: Disregard the last point. he wont pay you of anyway so river c/r is g00t. My bad.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:01 AM

I would have 66-TT, QQ, a suited connector with no diamonds
I'd bet the river with QQ. I don't think there is any value in betting TT or lower. I'd fold it to a c.r.

I'd call a river bet with QQ and fold my other hands.

I'd bluff the connectors sometimes if I think you suck at hand reading

if you're tricky you can have Ax Kx Jx flush
Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM

you guys are checking an ace behind on the turn? I would b/f there to charge flush draws, and not give a free card to a straight draw or Jx