Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 11-16-2007, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Are Any Non Mega Banks Safe Enough To Ignore 100K FDIC Limit?

lol i <3 david
Old 11-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Post deleted by David Sklansky
Old 11-17-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any particular reason why?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After I attempted to give some sound advice,and reply to your post....your reply of "I am too lazy to figure out where to put my MILLION dollars"...this is either a thinly veiled brag post..or just plain STUPIDITY

There are PLENTY of 2+2 members in BFI,that would LOVE to have "your million $$$ problem"...and would digest any useful information this forum may produce from the many intelligent posters.

This is a "NICE" example you are setting(LOL)... for the younger/novice investors,as I would expect MUCH more from you.If you can compute,compare or even care about your <.05% loss worry.....what was the purpose of your post in the first place?

Just drive to the nearest BOA branch...tell them how lazy you are.....deposit your $1MM in ONE five year CD at whatever interest rate they give you,....and "hope" your principle + interest is still there in 2012

I am pretty shocked right now,as I guess I would expect more from someone like you in BFI

I am also THRILLED I didnt give you the sound advice I was sincerely going to suggest prior to me asking you some simple questions in my previous post...making you many times more than a standard CD will return w/o risk!

Very Disappointed,
Stephen Feraca [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are way too sensitive. Everybody knows that I have a lot more than a million dollars so how was it bragging? And everybody knows that I know that putting money in the bank is one of the worst ways you can use it. But since I decided to do it purely because I am too lazy to go to any trouble at all for an extra 20K a year, it brought up the interesting question of whether the utterly horrible rate that BofA offers is even remotely related to the diminshment of risk.

I suppose I could have asked the question in that form rather than have embellished it with my personal situation. But that was just window dressing to make the post less dry. I realize you were just trying to be helpful, but as I said, the main reason for my post was that I was curious about the probability that banks will lose uninsured deposits. It was really a political question that justhappens to have a tiny effect on my life. If I heard anyone else on this forum put a million dollars in a bank CD, I would have them flogged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure didn't know you had millions! I don't see you in Bobby's room and I can't see how your books have generated millions, but apparently they have. While we are on the subject, what is your net worth (since everyone already knows except me) and what was the source (books, poker, investments?).

Regarding your cash situation if you reside in California where state taxes are high the added benifit of US obligations are they are not subject to state tax. There is a service that will allow you to put up to $50 million in a bank and have it covered by FDIC while getting one interest rate and one statement. The drawback is it has to be a bank that participates in the CDARS system.

http://www.cdars.com/

I'll betcha if Brandi sees this post she will be impressed with your $$$, unless you already told her.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 PM

LOL...Brandi,another [censored] joke whom I am sure has tried to HOODWINK him out of his "MILLIONS" vs. helping him find the right bank to open a CD
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but as I said, the main reason for my post was that I was curious about the probability that banks will lose uninsured deposits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well David, if that was truly the case you should have stopped reading the posts in this thread after my first one. I offered all the data you needed to make that calculation. I understand you said you were lazy but you could either hire a minion or just go to the probability forum and have one of the math gurus perform the math for you.

Jimbo
Old 11-17-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not delete any post.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:55 PM

"I sure didn't know you had millions! I don't see you in Bobby's room and I can't see how your books have generated millions, but apparently they have. While we are on the subject, what is your net worth (since everyone already knows except me) and what was the source (books, poker, investments?)."

Anybody who plays in Bobby's room is making a mistake unless they stick almost exclusively to the best games AND have a gambling bankroll of at least ten million. But I do play 300-600 most days.

Perhaps you underestimated how many books I have sold (almost a million). Perhaps you didn't realize that my royalty rate is even greater than the usual generous amount that Mason pays because I helped originate the company. Perhaps you didn't realize how much you and others here contribute to my income by frequenting this site.

My Shuffle Master options, renumeration for consultant work, made me a pretty penny. And I did tell everybody on this forum about my Immersion and Taser investments.

Meanwhile I can still knock out at least a hundred an hour playing poker if I feel like it.

I thought all of the above was pretty common knowledge.

But so what. I have less than ten million which means it is ridiculous to think I am bragging about my bankroll. At least 5% of American men my age have more. Probably half of my Wharton classmates do.

I really don't understand how this thread degenerated into all these silly issues.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I sure didn't know you had millions! I don't see you in Bobby's room and I can't see how your books have generated millions, but apparently they have. While we are on the subject, what is your net worth (since everyone already knows except me) and what was the source (books, poker, investments?)."

Anybody who plays in Bobby's room is making a mistake unless they stick almost exclusively to the best games AND have a gambling bankroll of at least ten million. But I do play 300-600 most days.

Perhaps you underestimated how many books I have sold (almost a million). Perhaps you didn't realize that my royalty rate is even greater than the usual generous amount that Mason pays because I helped originate the company. Perhaps you didn't realize how much you and others here contribute to my income by frequenting this site.

My Shuffle Master options, renumeration for consultant work, made me a pretty penny. And I did tell everybody on this forum about my Immersion and Taser investments.

Meanwhile I can still knock out at least a hundred an hour playing poker if I feel like it.

I thought all of the above was pretty common knowledge.

But so what. I have less than ten million which means it is ridiculous to think I am bragging about my bankroll. At least 5% of American men my age have more. Probably half of my Wharton classmates do.

I really don't understand how this thread degenerated into all these silly issues .

[/ QUOTE ]

David

Seriously...how could you ask "I really don't understand how this thread degenerated into all these silly issues"

...when you constantly reply with self serving "I keep my net worth attached to my forehead" type inuendo's in every sentence?

As Jimbo stated.....your answer was in the FIRST couple of replies,and should have ended there.Once I asked some questions with true sincerity myself....you went into your ...."you dont understand how lazy I am".....,"dont you know I have millions"....."you didnt know I have made millions writing books"...."my shuffle master and tasr options made me zillions"....etc!

What did you expect the intelligent people to take from this thread on this forum?

If anything...why didnt you post this crap in BBV,as the kiddie patrol might be impressed by this type of chirping.

I know for sure I am not impressed,and I would tend to believe the majority of other posters in BFI are not as well

I actually feel abit sorry for you now...as it is quite pathetic?

EDIT..this could be one of the SCUMMIEST comments I have ever heard:

""Perhaps you didn't realize how much you and others here contribute to my income by frequenting this site""
Old 11-17-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

just a joke that's going around stephen [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]