Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Default In or out?

2/5 PLO8. All stacks in hand greater than $800. I limp EP with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Several other limpers.
Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB, and very loose, slightly aggressive and mediocre plays pots for $30. UTG, and slightly loose, pretty decent player calls, after mumbling something about "I'm not gettting all of this pot". This could mean several things from him. Most likely, though he is being honest.
I really think I should have just folded on the flop, but with several passive players behind me, I though a raise was unlikely, and we might get some stragglers.
Turn is 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB bets $200, UTG calls. My thinking is at best, I'm getting half. At worst, I guess 1/4. But of course, the wheel is no good for the high here. And, considering than in addition to the $200, I'm most likely facing another $350+ on the river, I decide to fold with only $35 invested in the pot.
Now, hindsight being what it is, neither player had a wheel, or even a chance of one on the river. Both had flushes with weak lows.
Do you think this turn bet is a call I should be making? Pros: I have a wheel. One player in pot isn't that good. Cons: Someone definately has flush, and I feel it is quite possible I'm getting quartered, and will have to put $600 in pot.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: In or out? Pages: 1

Fold. Don't be results oriented.

99,494 and counting
Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: In or out? Pages: 1

who folds nut low? shove.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: In or out?

If you get quartered in a 3 way showdown, you lose 1/4 of whatever you bet, but if you get half then you make 1/2 of what you bet. So are you more than twice as likely to get quartered as to get half? The way UTG played the flop/turn, it certainly looks like he has A2, but his play could be affected by SB's image. And as you say he is a bit loose. It seems too tight if you always fold in this situation.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Default Re: In or out?

The "I'm not getting all of it" table talk is key here IMO. Maybe that guy flopped the nut straight with a good FD? I dunno, risking 300 versus shipping 35 is a tough call in this spot, and in my experience I am much more likely to regret calling than folding in this spot. If your read is that they are loose enough, then fine, you can call, but even still it's very hard to stick it all in in that spot. Even when they don't have the NL an A or 2 can quarter you on the river, which should be factored in to the grand view.