Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-25-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Gourmet Fast Food?

pei wei is definitely not fast food.

chipotle is more questionable, but i think mexican food only counts as fast food if it is bueno, bell, ...etc.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The definition of a fast-food place is a restaurant with a drive-thru. I haven't been to these places, but there ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think fast-food is anywhere where you can/do order at a counter rather than with a waitress/waiter, and the restaurant gives you the food at the counter as opposed to bringing it to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought fast food was a place where uc anjstufegetfood orderedfastasDSSDASDAFASKASDasdfk
Old 11-25-2007, 05:21 AM
 is offline

"Gourmet" fast-food joints (e.g., Pei Wei, Chipotle) were created as a "healthy" alternative for loyal and devoted mid-heavyweight porkers who already jammed their hardened arteries full of McD's, BK, Wendy's, etc.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:26 AM

Quiznos FTW
Old 11-25-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The definition of a fast-food place is a restaurant with a drive-thru. I haven't been to these places, but there ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to look up the definition of "definition".

BTW here are two drive-throughs where the food takes 24 hours to cook.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:04 PM

fwiw, I just met with the st louis county health inspector last week, and I had to classify my place, it is full service, but I was curious as to how it worked and what the classifications meant, they were full-service, deli, fast food, and a couple others. A fast food place is anywhere that you order at a counter, and pick it up at a counter, it has to have a drive through otherwise its considered a deli.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I just met with the st louis county health inspector last week, and I had to classify my place, it is full service, but I was curious as to how it worked and what the classifications meant, they were full-service, deli, fast food, and a couple others. A fast food place is anywhere that you order at a counter, and pick it up at a counter, it has to have a drive through otherwise its considered a deli.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost no mcdonalds,BK,wendys etc in manahatten have drive thrus.So they should be considered delis?
Old 11-25-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost no mcdonalds,BK,wendys etc in manahatten have drive thrus.So they should be considered delis?

[/ QUOTE ]

The laws vary state by state, so I dont know what they classify them as. You can also check more than one classification though, there are hard and fast rules, but there is overlap. They just look for different things depending on what classifications you check.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:38 PM

Isn't Pei Wei owned by PF Changs?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:06 PM

I think the industry classification that encompasses both Chipotle and Burger King is "quick service." This refers to any restaurant where you receive your food at a counter, as opposed to a "table service" restaurant.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is at least one drive thru McDonald's in Manhattan. It's at 10th Avenue & 34th Street, and it's a travesty. Google StreetView image here.