Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: AK vs tag .... I just call pf

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you all insta-fold AJ and AQ and JJ type hands whenever you are 3-bet OOP? (no reads)

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ is an easy fold oop to a 3bet barring a read. JJ/AQ are marginal, AQ more so.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so you all insta-fold AJ and AQ and JJ type hands whenever you are 3-bet OOP? (no reads)

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ yes. I call JJ, and AQ depends on reads/position, etc
Old 11-18-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ yes. I call JJ, and AQ depends on reads/position, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

I 3bet ak allday but I vary my play against thinking tags and this guy had uber nittty solid tag stat. 14/11/3 etcetc

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value? I dont think a tag calls here often unless he has KQ etce4tc. Im certainly crushing KQ here and onl;y beat againt AA KK and a sets. I dont like stack a donking turn here because he bet folds here alot since he isnt a moron. River I really hate my hand now that hes 3 barrelled because Im chopping here sometimes and losing alot.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:52 PM

fold pf to avoid difficult situations later
Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 PM

3bet pre-flop
as played, i think i would probably call flop aswell, i think RR and calling a push will only get u up against sets and fold out weaker hands most of the time.
but maybe im too paranoid...
Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM

KQs is basically the only thing you beat here, but still you can't fold the river.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM

You gotta reraise pre. I guess I can live with you getting a little sneaky and not raising on the button. If not then, you HAVE to at least raise on the flop. Your whole line is way too passive here. Look at the situation you've put yourself in; check-calling the whole way and then facing this hard decision on the end.

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value?

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise this flop for value. I would argue that you're losing value by just check calling. If he has a good hand, he'll probably pay you off unless he has a good read on you. Just because he's TAG, it doesn't mean he's gonna fold to a raise.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta reraise pre. I guess I can live with you getting a little sneaky and not raising on the button. If not then, you HAVE to at least raise on the flop. Your whole line is way too passive here. Look at the situation you've put yourself in; check-calling the whole way and then facing this hard decision on the end.

Also why do u say raise this flop when I want some value?

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise this flop for value. I would argue that you're losing value by just check calling. If he has a good hand, he'll probably pay you off unless he has a good read on you. Just because he's TAG, it doesn't mean he's gonna fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

youre right but what good hand pay me off here knowing he plays real taggy and hasnt gone out of line?> On this flop I have TPTK and its ver dry. Hes representing AAKKKQ any set here most of the time. He also 3ple barrel bluff this against another tag once in a blue moon.

Hes mostly likely to double barrel me even if he missed because he knows im a tag so raising the flop is not an option.