Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: What will you do if they reinstate the draft?
Enlist happily and fight for my country. 21 14.00%
F that, this war is stupid. 40 26.67%
Move to Mexico or Canada 36 24.00%
BASTARD!! 53 35.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 PM

Location: ***yankees offseason thread*** oh and Gd River Ave Blues
Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN sportnation poll:

Who would you rather have: A-Rod or Eckstein!!!!!!!

67.9% Alex Rodriguez
32.1% David Eckstein

1/3 OF THE NATION IS RETARDED. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

this is quite possibly the best ESPN poll result ever.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ESPN sportnation poll:

Who would you rather have: A-Rod or Eckstein!!!!!!!

67.9% Alex Rodriguez
32.1% David Eckstein

1/3 OF THE NATION IS RETARDED. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this poll is awesome
Old 11-14-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if they give A-Rod an offer matching the 9/$230m pre opt out offer I am not sure its wise. Paying A-Rod $25m a year for his ages 38-41 to DH/1B may turn out to be brutal, esp. if he has a serious injury.

My guess this, along with the silly collusion talk, are signs that no good team is willing to pay more than a rational amount for a safe period during his decline years, say 6/$150m. Boras has probably lined up a bad team to pay much more, just as he did in 2000, but this time A-Rod isn't willing to endure that just for a little more money. He wasted three years in Texas that he can never get back, does he want to waste his remaining good years hoping to turn around a bad team?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are the richest sports team in the world. When Arod is 40 and probably breaking the all time HR record in the fancy new stadium, paying him 25m with all the money this team has is a joke. Don't let the fact that they have made the playoffs 13 times in a row distract you from how much his production means to their chances of making the playoffs without him. He is easily worth 25m for the next 5 years, and when he is breaking the record towards the end of his career he will still be worth that much. Chances to acquire someone this productive are just extremely rare, and the yankees have a huge amount of money. Plus I would be very optimistic about how he will decline, he has shown extraordinary health and consistency, and this season was off the charts productive.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM

LOL @ the Yanks offering Mo Rivera $45mill/3 years. He is 38!! Also, Hank Steinbrenner is a douche bag that will likely ruin the Yankees, as a Red Sox fan I couldn't be happier.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's a tremendous offer for a 38-year-old relief pitcher," Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner told the newspaper.

"He'll be, by $4 million, the highest-paid relief pitcher in baseball, by far. I don't know what the hold-up is."

gg Yankees
Old 11-14-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ the Yanks offering Mo Rivera $45mill/3 years. He is 38!! Also, Hank Steinbrenner is a douche bag that will likely ruin the Yankees, as a Red Sox fan I couldn't be happier.

"It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's a tremendous offer for a 38-year-old relief pitcher," Yankees senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner told the newspaper.

"He'll be, by $4 million, the highest-paid relief pitcher in baseball, by far. I don't know what the hold-up is."

gg Yankees

[/ QUOTE ]

Your entire post shows how ignorant you are.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gg Yankees

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Considering money doesn't mean ANYTHING to the yankees, they have only...

1) re-signed one of top catchers in the league
2) about to re-sign one of top relievers in the league
3) good chance they will re-sign best player in the league

what a bunch of idiots they are. gg yankees!
Old 11-14-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

gg Yankees

[/ QUOTE ]

lol donkaments

yeah that rivera was terrible last year
Old 11-14-2007, 04:03 PM

Yea signing a player who put up career worsts in ERA, WHIP, and BAA to a ginormous contract is probably a good idea. You're right I am wrong. Bottom line is he is in the decline and will just be another wasted contract in a year.

*Career worst not counting the 19 games he played in 95
Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea signing a player who put up career worsts in ERA, WHIP, and BAA to a ginormous contract is probably a good idea. You're right I am wrong. Bottom line is he is in the decline and will just be another wasted contract in a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

.BAA varies greatly based on luck. ERA is not overly accurate measure of a pitcher's worth. 1.12 WHIP is terrible. LDO

Just stop now.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea signing a player who put up career worsts in ERA, WHIP, and BAA to a ginormous contract is probably a good idea. You're right I am wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am pretty sure you are unaware of this, but the 3 stats you listed prove the point you are arguing against. A pitcher having a high .BAA means exactly the opposite of what you think.