Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Stars $50 50K...turn set in multiway pot...ugly river...line check

[/ QUOTE ]We're still talking pre, right? Crazy wide, 35 sooted Kx sooted, Ax off, small pairs... After your raise, likely the first caller or 2 had PPs or strong aces, but after that the other donks probably just thought OMG pot odds!? and called with 35 or whatever.
I don't mind the raise pre too much if you're playing it as a bluff/semi-bluff. I'd just expect that normally you're not going to get much action from junk hands and end up winning 90 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it is "likely the first caller or 2 had PPs or strong aces, but after that the other donks probably...called with 35 or whatever" how often are these hands stacking off in the rare instances when you spike your set?

I'm much more confident that I'm stacking QQ-AA when I have top set of Jacks than I am in stacking 22-TT (ldo).

I just don't get why you want to take what is likely the best hand preflop (based on range you set for limpers/callers) and intentionally create a situation where you eliminate any FE, disregard the showdown value of your hand, and set mine against a range full of worse hands that will often fold when you do hit and occasionally take your stack when three Jacks is not the best hand.