Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM

Default Doomswitch? Part 2

I am posting some hands from the past 2 days first to vent my frustration and second to state my opinion that Pokerstars is rigged. I am sure I will be flamed and people will say I can’t beat poker and I don’t understand variance. I have poker tracker, and I have logged 140,000 hands; I am also a 6 figure winner in that time. I understand no amount of hand histories or ‘bad beats’ are proof. For me these hands in 2 days time is enough to throw up my hands and say something is wrong. Basically I think there is a point where they just don’t let you win anymore.

Good Luck

7 Card Stud High ($100/$200), Ante $15, Bring-In $30 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (4.90 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (5.45 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls

6th Street - (11.45 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (15.45 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (17.45 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $3490 | Rake $2

Hero: [7d Ac 7s As 5d Jh 6d]

Seat 8: [Th 9h 9d Kh Jd Ks Qs] (a straight, Nine to King)

</font>

Max Value...... for him
Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Doomswitch? Part 2

I've seen worse, though usually it is games with a couple less zeros at the end of the table stakes.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:41 PM

C/r 4th
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 AM

You're the guy playing $100/200, but I think you over-played your hand a smidge here.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 AM

I'm finding all these hands confusing. Are these standard in that game where it's just that agressive or do people give you like no credit every time? Maybe you played that hand a little fast but it seems like it doesn't matter anyway because the opposition in a lot of these hands are making some really bad plays and generally paying all the way to the river in every hand you've posted.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm finding all these hands confusing. Are these standard in that game where it's just that agressive or do people give you like no credit every time? Maybe you played that hand a little fast but it seems like it doesn't matter anyway because the opposition in a lot of these hands are making some really bad plays and generally paying all the way to the river in every hand you've posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, The standard in these games is way way over argo, and these are all shorthanded games. In a 'normal' game you might play this Aces up more cagey. Like check call 4th and raise on 5th or 6th, or bet out and if raised call and raise later. But in this game the way I played it is getting max pay also my opponent thinks I have a flush draw with 7As on 4th.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're the guy playing $100/200, but I think you over-played your hand a smidge here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he should have Kings full on 6th then? I have played with this player alot and its very likely that my hand is gold on 6th. He has a strong tendency to have an overpair to 7's with his 2 bet on 3rd. He almost never double raise without a pair. This rules out him double raising a K hi 3 flush which would now be 3 K's also if he started (QdTd)9d or (JJ)9 both those hands from this player would have 4 bet 5th street. Basically the only hand he could have here is (K9)9KJK for my raise to be wrong. Since his range is much wider than this one holding the raise is right. Do you think I overplayed 4th or 5th?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:37 PM

I was mostly referring to the raise on sixth. The other guy raised fifth and then made an open pair, after all. After reading your reasoning and looking over the HH, I think you played it right. I'm still thoroughly unconvinced that anything is amiss here.