Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 AM

Default line check TPTK earlyish in $220 HUSNG

Ran into this spot in a 220 against an unknown. He has minbet preflop a few times so my read on him is he's bad. This is hand 12, and I have won half the pots so far, but the bigger ones and I think he may view me as aggressive because I am betting him pretty hard (based on my read he's bad). A few hands ago I opened with AJ and made this exact bet on a JT3 flop and he folded. He is avg. aggressiveness. Oh yeah also on like hand 3 he minbet to 40 and I shoved for 1500 preflop with AK and he folded lol. I just thought he might call. So he prob. sees me as pretty aggro, yeah.

This is not a super-interesting hand, but I'm curious how most people would play this, like what's your default line given a read that the opponent is not good.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

BB (t1620)
Hero (t1380)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t340</font>
Old 06-16-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: line check TPTK earlyish in $220 HUSNG

Depending on your read, I would push. Because he's propably thinking that you are an aggro player, he will call your push with a rag-Ace or a King.

Maybe he has nothing and he just doesn't want to be bullied around.

So for me I would shove after his raise.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:13 PM

I call and then call the turn and river but maybe bet the river if he checks turn
Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and then call the turn and river and bet the river if he checks turn

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Thanks for the opinions. My opinion that this is a good spot to shove, cause so many people are going to call you with ace-anything, and I don't think if you call the raise many players are going to fire another barrel with air. I was just really curious what people here would generally do in this spot.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM

Given your image I think its a clear shove.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 PM

wow really shove? that seems horrible to me.

my standard here is call. you're in position. you are probably ahead close to always and there aren't any draws. people c/r with air here constantly at higher buyins, so to earn the most money from Ax, Kx, and bluffs, call the flop and let him fire the turn. if he checks the turn you bet it and aren't giving away too much info.

this is a dream spot hu, imo. any hand that calls a push and loses will go to showdown with you anyways. on such a dry board, a push isn't going to be a draw or anything so you won't get a lot of hands to call.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a dream spot hu, imo. any hand that calls a push and loses will go to showdown with you anyways. on such a dry board, a push isn't going to be a draw or anything so you won't get a lot of hands to call.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think it's a dream spot because your shove is going to get called by a worse hand a large % of the time. calling the flop c/r is a very strong play and represents a strong hand to your opponent.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i think it's a dream spot because your shove is going to get called by a worse hand a large % of the time. calling the flop c/r is a very strong play and represents a strong hand to your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think any hand that calls your shove is going to go to showdown, do you disagree? i dont see what hands call the shove but dont call a 2nd bet or put another bet in somewhere.

ex: i dont see Kx calling a shove, but it would call a river bet after a turn check. or he bets river himself.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:10 AM

Wouldn't you rather a worse hand call a shove than to fire a few barrels at him and let him catch up?