FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Software preference
Game Time+ 24 32.00%
Poker AceHUD 51 68.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Official April Thread: General Discussion/etc

I am break even over my last 70k hands of 5/10 at FTP. Lots of 10 buy in swings. I've had two 20+ buy in downswings and I could easily see how a good player could experience a 30+ downswing.

I'm more concered about 70k hands of breakeven than I ever was about a big downswing.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Someday you will run worse than you ever thought possible"

Can't remember who originally said it, but it's oh-so-true.

I'm currently down a couple buyins after 100k hands.

KoW

[/ QUOTE ]
geshhhhhh you play pretty good, but yeah I am not quite on a 100k downswing but I very well could be if [censored] doesnt change at 5/10.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:12 PM

One can go through a 20bi downswing while playing well through it. The same goes for a 30bi downswing although I think the latter is v v rare. 30bi swings down are normal if you are running bad and playing bad at the same time. I've done it a couple times at hsnl it was pretty easy to do. My worst was -40 buy ins at 10/20nl on Party but I was usually the worst player at the table during this time while surrounded by lolo, newb1e, buddy, bld, etc.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:16 PM

When you guys have these huge downswings where the variance apparently is just brutal, why not go play 2/4NL? I feel like when downswings happen the mental component becomes so big, and you play so much worse. Just go play 10K hands where horrible players shove all kinds of garbage, get your mojo back, and move back to whatever level you are used to.

At least, that is what has always worked for me in slumps. I've never experienced even a 10 buyin downswing though so seeing Krantz and DJ say its coming sort of scares me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Although I think that I'm probably more likely to move way down, eek out a few thousand profit and feel good about it than they are, which might account for that.

Mark
Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM

lol ... coincidence that after I post my graph now everyone is like "well , ya 20 BI and 30 BI are actually very possible for winning players" instead of "HAHA REEF SUX"
Old 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you guys have these huge downswings where the variance apparently is just brutal, why not go play 2/4NL? I feel like when downswings happen the mental component becomes so big, and you play so much worse. Just go play 10K hands where horrible players shove all kinds of garbage, get your mojo back, and move back to whatever level you are used to.

At least, that is what has always worked for me in slumps. I've never experienced even a 10 buyin downswing though so seeing Krantz and DJ say its coming sort of scares me [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Although I think that I'm probably more likely to move way down, eek out a few thousand profit and feel good about it than they are, which might account for that.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

ever heard the phrase "gotta win it back?"
Old 04-19-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

ever heard the phrase "gotta win it back?"

[/ QUOTE ]

no sleep till even ftw
Old 04-19-2007, 03:51 PM

I can't comment on this too much despite having had really big downswings because I played really bad during them
Old 04-19-2007, 03:58 PM

My worst is -26 spread between 600 and 1k nl, but i still havn't full recoved from it yet so i guess i'm still in the downswing.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM

reef its because u posted like 10 bad beats everyday for like a week. that is why everyone was getting mad... because it is perfectly normal to lose a bunch of buyins and there u were whining about it.
Closed Thread