Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2006, 12:22 AM

Default Preflop Practice Spreadsheet

Crossposted in Small Stakes

I've been reading on here for forever and decided to finally make a first post. I recently quit my job to play fulltime and probably wouldn't have done so had I not discovered 2p2.

So, in an effort to give something back, I wanted to make available a spreadsheet I made. When I first read SSH, I was having trouble memorizing all of the preflop hands and positions. I'm fairly proficient with Excel, so I sat down to build what amounted to electronic flashcards.

A couple hours later, it had evolved into this - a Preflop Practice Spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet will give you the hand, position, and whether you're facing a raise (and in LP whether other people have CC'd). It will also record the ones you miss, so you can review them later. I took out most of the obvious folds. (When I built the spreadsheet, I classified calling from the BB as "limping" rather than make another button.)

You'll need to have macros enabled to use it. To do this, go to Tools -- Options -- Security -- Macro Security. Set to Medium. You have to close and reopen Excel for the change to take effect. Then click enable macros on the prompt when you reopen it.

It is built on the tight rules in miller's book. The loose games specified may exist in a 1/2 live game, but they don't exist online (not even at 0.5/1.0).

I added a counter and would practice until I got 100 in a row, then 200, then 300. After practicing on this for a week, I was surprised at how quickly I was able to get everything down pat. I had planned to use it until I got 1,000 in a row, but I misclicked at 650 and said screw it.

So, if you're limping with QTo in MP, coldcalling with KJo, or just starting out, I think you'll find this spreadsheet will help.

I don't have anyway of hosting this. So, if anyone is able, please let me know and we'll get this available to download.

-Trebek