Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: To the Multi-Accounters : some thoughts before this upcoming Sunda

This thread is mildly ridiculous. There are much better ways to go about this rather then veiled assertions that mystery people are multi accounting. I think everyone knows the best channels to put an end to this. If you know about people multiaccounting they are TAKING MONEY DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR POCKET! Tell the sites, get them shut down. Ambiguous threats and stories of people doing this won't do anything. It comes down to self policing in this case so if you know of people doing it then tell a site and have it stopped.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is mildly ridiculous. There are much better ways to go about this rather then veiled assertions that mystery people are multi accounting. I think everyone knows the best channels to put an end to this. If you know about people multiaccounting they are TAKING MONEY DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR POCKET! Tell the sites, get them shut down. Ambiguous threats and stories of people doing this won't do anything. It comes down to self policing in this case so if you know of people doing it then tell a site and have it stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong.

Telling the sites creates a witch hunt. Also, with simple technology for IP Changing and whatnot, there is always essentially no proof. However, if the poker community turns down multiaccounters and treats them as scum, then they might value their reputation over doubling their expectation.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a ridiculously awful post.

First of all, this rule does not exist online. It has been stated tons of times by Lee Jones in e-mails and posts on 2p2. So get off your high horse.

Secondly, you have no [censored] clue what happened in that tournament, and definitely don't have the right to accuse someone of doing something when you have no evidence to support it. It's things like this that hurt peoples reputations, and this isn't even a rumor, it's 100% pure speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Gobboboy stakes Mlagoo.
2. Mlagoo realizes gobboboy is a superior MTT player
3. Gobboboy has vested interest (see #1.)
4. You actually think gobboboy isn't going to tell mlagoo what to do/give advice because of ethics? HELL NO. (people like winning money not losing $) Gobbo essentially multiaccounted to some sense, but its completely within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

the assumptions made here are absurd. one might even call them ridiculously awful. numbering your speculations and randomly generated ideas of what happened doesn't all of a sudden give them any credit, either.

some actual facts:

1. gobboboy himself says that mlagoo is a better mtt player than he (gobbo) is. i'm not sure if mlagoo feels the same way or not, but either way i am sure that mlagoo has plenty of well deserved confidence in his own game. as an observer, i can say that watching matt play is very impressive and he is a total sicko. always knows what he's going to do, very rarely finds himself in a "tough" spot because he's always got a plan, etc. the claims made since matt's win that gobbo effectively multi accounted or had more control over "mlagoo" at the final few tables are completely baseless, insulting to matt's integrity and skills, and just flat out ridiculous.
2. mlagoo kept his cool better than anyone else in the house during the last 3 tables of the tourney, which leads to the next point
2. once matt got to the final 4-5 tables, everyone in the house really started paying attention and of course adding their own little input here and there as would be expected of a bunch of excited poker players. after one particular hand with 20-25 players where 3-4 of the people in the house were standing behind him loudly expressing their varied opinions in a manner that would have annoyed me a lot more than it seemed to annoy matt, matt took his laptop and left the room. everyone else in the house watched the rest of the tournament on separate laptops in a different room.

edit: stop derailing jeff's good thread with something that has NOTHING to do with the OP. this should be the last post about it.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, if the poker community turns down multiaccounters and treats them as scum, then they might value their reputation over doubling their expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes
Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All,
Jeff made a post about something that is a blatant violation of T&C that costs all of the people following the T&C equity. He asked that people stop voluntary and didn't out anybody.

If you want to talk about some gray areas like buying other people's accounts or some things that are blatantly not against T&C but may be immoral like receiving real-time hand advice from friends, start your own thread, and follow jeff's lead and don't name names--especially when you don't know wtf you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really not understand the relationship between operating two poker accounts with your mouse and operating two poker accounts verbally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. I realized that was stupid when I went back to reread it, but it's already been quoted, so whatever.

Anyway, IMHO the sticky part of the issue that people are bringing up is that to me there's a clear difference between what stealhmunk described (the 50 mindless stealthmunks asking for advice over AIM) and what pretty much every professional online poker player does (the few AIM windows open, or the friend over the shoulder), but the difference is sort of ineffable. So, it's basically impossible to have an enforceable rule that prevents one and not the other.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No disrespect at all meant to Mlagoo, but certainly some of you MTT guys at the house with far greater track records than Mlagoo were sweating and giving advice. I obviously don't know to what measure or extent this happened, and am not even necessarily saying its wrong or that I disagree with it, but it definitely violates the "1 person to a hand" rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, this rule does not exist online. It has been stated tons of times by Lee Jones in e-mails and posts on 2p2. So get off your high horse.

Secondly, you have no [censored] clue what happened in that tournament, and definitely don't have the right to accuse someone of doing something when you have no evidence to support it. It's things like this that hurt peoples reputations, and this isn't even a rumor, it's 100% pure speculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Gobboboy stakes Mlagoo.
2. Mlagoo realizes gobboboy is a superior MTT player
3. Gobboboy has vested interest (see #1.)
4. You actually think gobboboy isn't going to tell mlagoo what to do/give advice because of ethics? HELL NO. (people like winning money not losing $) Gobbo essentially multiaccounted to some sense, but its completely within the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

the assumptions made here are absurd. one might even call them ridiculously awful. numbering your speculations and randomly generated ideas of what happened doesn't all of a sudden give them any credit, either.

some actual facts:

1. gobboboy himself says that mlagoo is a better mtt player than he (gobbo) is. i'm not sure if mlagoo feels the same way or not, but either way i am sure that mlagoo has plenty of well deserved confidence in his own game. as an observer, i can say that watching matt play is very impressive and he is a total sicko. always knows what he's going to do, very rarely finds himself in a "tough" spot because he's always got a plan, etc. the claims made since matt's win that gobbo effectively multi accounted or had more control over "mlagoo" at the final few tables are completely baseless, insulting to matt's integrity and skills, and just flat out ridiculous.
2. mlagoo kept his cool better than anyone else in the house during the last 3 tables of the tourney, which leads to the next point
2. once matt got to the final 4-5 tables, everyone in the house really started paying attention and of course adding their own little input here and there as would be expected of a bunch of excited poker players. after one particular hand with 20-25 players where 3-4 of the people in the house were standing behind him loudly expressing their varied opinions in a manner that would have annoyed me a lot more than it seemed to annoy matt, matt took his laptop and left the room. everyone else in the house watched the rest of the tournament on separate laptops in a different room.

edit: stop derailing jeff's good thread with something that has NOTHING to do with the OP. this should be the last post about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

I'm not insulting matt's integrity at all! (maybe his skills by saying gobbo is better than him but thats just because gobbo has FTd million/2nd chance and aussie and mlagoo only played micros)

During the stars sunday million and tilt 400k I've won, obviously I recieved a flurry of AIMs when I was deep. (One of them Jeff offering to buy my account lolz for 100k) I took advice obviously/discussed hands with players I respected more than me and discussed strategy in real time.
I feel nothing unethical about this. Just like mlaggoo should feel nothing unethical about the bunch of poker people hollering advice at him. I think you are missing my point. I'm saying what happened in that tourney, just gobbo saying one word to him, can be considered multiaccounting, and is a practice that goes down all the time.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:45 PM

I'm staking two broke idiots in the sunday million and FTP 500k tomorrow.

If any of them go deep, it would be standard for me to tell them exactly what to do, and they'd rather have it that way as they don't want the stress of playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Am I multiaccounting scum?

No. And neither is mlaggoo. This will always be a part of online poker. There will always be people staking people and making +EV investments and giving advice to make those investments more +EV.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, if the poker community turns down multiaccounters and treats them as scum, then they might value their reputation over doubling their expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is going to happen then people doing the multiaccounting are going to need be made known to everybody who doesn't know. But it seems obvious that while some know who are doing it they are unwilling to say who.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If any of them go deep, it would be standard for me to tell them exactly what to do, and they'd rather have it that way as they don't want the stress of playing for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

No. And neither is mlaggoo. This will always be a part of online poker. There will always be people staking people and making +EV investments and giving advice to make those investments more +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you leveling us? It's like your not even reading the posts before you reply.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you leveling us? It's like your not even reading the posts before you reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

EC10's tone when he said I was insulting mlagoo's integrity made me post that hastily as I like mlagoo and EC10 and gobbo and the whole crew and wanted to say that I wasn't being condescending/callin them unethical saying I was going to do the same process that I claim can be considered multiaccounting tomorrow.