Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 02:30 AM

Default What say you? A weird pfr/float/bluff line

Villain is good enough to float and fold, sort of laggy, a mutlitabler so I'm thinking he'll find the river bet an easy enough fold. I am only worried about a BDFD getting in...that's about it. I think this is a great flop for him to flop and my turn check makes his bet manditory (right?). I think I like my line here but it might just be spew if villain holds a hand like 99 or something (although my thinking is he checks those behind on the turn and his turn bet is likely trip3 or a bluff). What can he call this river with (bdf, trips, a king that somehow got there?)

Converted by PokerGeek
Absolute NL Hold'em Ring - 1/1
Blinds (4 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: CO ($39.15)
Seat 4: Button ($104.65)
Seat 6: Small blind (Hero) ($78.55)
Seat 8: Big blind ($322.30)

Preflop: Hero is Small blind with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero raises ($4), Big blind calls ($3)

Flop: ($8) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets ($5), Big blind calls ($5)

Turn: ($18) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Big blind bets ($9), Hero calls ($9)

River: ($36) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets ($20)
Old 10-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Re: What say you? A weird pfr/float/bluff line

Betting, c/r:ing and c/f:ing are all much better turn options.

Once you get to the river as you did I like your bet. He folds alot of hands that beat you and you prevent yourself from getting bluffed if he floated the flop w/ air(you can't really call a river bet).

Paul
Old 10-13-2006, 08:13 AM

spew imo
You don't need to make theese kinds of play in this limit?
Bet the flop like you did and fold the turn, maybe raising if you think he's weak but I'd call your riverbet with any T or 7 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2006, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
spew imo
Bet the flop like you did and fold the turn, maybe raising if you think he's weak but I'd call your riverbet with any T or 7 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ait, then you will loose quite many pots.

I think you played it okey, you might not get any 7 or better to lay it down.. but small PP's, a 10 and maybe a K could lay their hands down to this bet.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spew imo

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played it okey, you might not get any 7 or better to lay it down.. but small PP's, a 10 and maybe a K could lay their hands down to this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this is not a good play, does not belong in SSNL imo. And donking in general is too easy to read, especially on the turn or river. And I'm generally right when I call a bet like this in this situation.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
spew imo

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this is not a good play, does not belong in SSNL imo. And donking in general is too easy to read, especially on the turn or river. And I'm generally right when I call a bet like this in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think a lot of people would argue that donking is VERY hard to read. in this hand villain sees me cbet flop and then c/c the turn- how does that define my hand? then when the K/bdfd comes I valuebet the river- how does that define my hand? If you're calling this w/ less than a strong king/trips you're losing money.

Now on to others, I didn't want to give up v this guy since I know he's capable of floating and that flop looks good for that. I'm not sure that betting the turn gets a hand that called flop to fold since there is still nothing scary on the board. I bet a huge scare card on the river and I think it'll induce a fold from almost everything but a flush/trips.

Paul, how does one go about getting the balls to c/r bluff the turn? jesus.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Paul, how does one go about getting the balls to c/r bluff the turn? jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's nothing to do w/ balls lol.

It's a sick profitable move against the right guys if you pick your spots well.

As am experiment c/r a few turns w/ good hands and see how many folds you get.

Paul