Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Zero Rake Poker Business plan

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great idea...

I would definitely play.

Good idea, and hope it works out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I was serious...
Anyone who can't see the benefit to the good player is blind or du....

I would kill to play on a site that only allows one table at a time, no pokertracker etc..

Easily could make 2 times as much playing 1 table here, than playing 6 tables at a site like Stars or Tilt.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:13 AM

Tuff, this isn't a business plan.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuff, this isn't a business plan.

[/ QUOTE ]
He wasn't asking it it was a viable business plan.
He was asking if you would play.

As for being a viable business plan, it could be.
But that involves gambling towards the future...
Of course many succesful entrepreneurs have done just that.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There is a catch, but not an onerous one. And, more importantly, not a legal one. But I am not revealing how this might work here. At least not now.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason I'm pooping on your post fwiw.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think when a FTSE100 company is forced to drop 85% of it's revenue that it might have had every top legal mind at it's disposal looking at legal ways to offer poker in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

How would non top executive minds know top legal advice when they saw it?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Nah, I love my plan (such as it is) and genuinely am interested if anybody here would like to play at a site such as I have described.

So far, apparently, nobody from here would be joining us.

There is, of course, the credibility problem. Nobody actually believes such a site could come to be. But it could.

[/ QUOTE ]

People are not going to just suspend belief that such a plan could successfully be enacted by you just because you are enthusastic about it.
The negativity doesn't really have much to do with whether such a site could exist or not. I think it has more to do with people's perception of whether you could successfully start such a site and make it successful.
Your vagueness about your super-secret forumla is probably part of the reason why.
Most people are already envisioning that whatever idea you have to try to make this work would be something completely silly or unrealistic.

I'm all for exploration of different possibilities to make poker even bigger, more successful, and cost me less.
I've supported WSEX some and continue to play there and have also propped at other sites where I've received RB in he 100% range. So if you put a site together that works then great..I'll probably be there.

But right now you are just insulting people who don't share in your vision that you aren't even really elaborating on in the first place.

"I have a great rake-free idea that I'm not going to tell you about. Would you want to play there!??!
NO?!?! You're a moron for not agreeing with this thing that I haven't elaborated on at all and only care about Party circa 2004!!!"
Old 11-17-2007, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tuff - what are you waiting on before you elaborate fully?

Get this show on the road....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, everyone here thinks this is an awful idea. No need to burden you anymore with the senile thoughts of a stupid old man.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Who would have thought the opportunity to play poker online for absolutely zero costs would be the dumbest thing a poker player could do.

I guess I am just out of touch. I will immediately report to my associates that this idea is a complete non starter with the experienced poker crowd on 2+2.

sigh.

Tuff

[/ QUOTE ]

TF,

Despite our disagreements in the leg forum, I actually agree with you on some of your criticisms of the sites and the structures they spread, and have posted a lot about same here in the past.

But I don't agree as to the degree to which you take it. I too believe that HUD enabled weak-tight-16tabling-no-playing-ability-so-called-players that infest these forums shouldn't be the ones catered to by businesses that care about the long term and the preservation of their customer base. But that doesn't necessarily imply that absolutely no multi-tabling should be allowed. 4 tables is a very reasonable amount of tables to offer, but not much more than that. Also besides players who play seriously to win, I think you underestimate the action-craving of a lot of (other [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) fish. So I think you need to reconsider on the number of tables, but clearly agree that any software aids are out.

However if your idea has any relation to that dumass duplicate poker, then it's a bad idea no matter how many tables.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:47 AM

"However if your idea has any relation to that dumass duplicate poker,"

Right. This is a great example of, "Come play with us because this idea is better than the traditional way" which was clearly NOT the greatest idea ever.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:02 AM

How does the site make money? Ads?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How does the site make money? Ads?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's all gonna be sponsored by RedBull... How else are we supposed to stop ourselves dozing between hands?

The whole idea sounds great, but if you can only play a single table then I don't think it's really gonna take off...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]