Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 03:38 PM

Default NL50: TPTK OOP. Call river?

Villain is 16/5/1.2 over 800 hands. Seems to be rather solid, taggish, haven't seen him make any moves if I remember right...
Few questions one this one:
- CB is standard, size ok?
- How to handle the minraise on turn, anyone folding here? Anyone rerasing here?
- Who calls that river bet?
Thanks for your help in advance guys...

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($71.85)
BB ($21.60)
UTG ($38.90)
UTG+1 ($161.90)
Hero ($60.30)
MP2 ($93.50)
CO ($82.40)
Button ($49.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $2.75, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($6.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, CO calls $5.

Turn: ($16.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $16</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($48.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $20</font>, Hero ?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: NL50: TPTK OOP. Call river?

I always check this turn for pot control. If he pots it I probably have to let my AK go OOP.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I always check this turn for pot control. If he pots it I probably have to let my AK go OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't always do anything. You know better.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM

tough one

flopbet is ok i would call the turn and river.

CO most likely holding's are 99orAK
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM

His aggression I think is the key thing to consider in this hand. If he was more aggressive I would check the flop. If he was more passive I would be ok with betting the flop.

His stats don't really lean one way or another so your need a read. You could just flip a coin at this point. Since he doesn't look overly aggressive I think you can bet less on the flop to keep the pot a little smaller. You don't really want to build a big pot here and he is likely to play the same against you as long as your bet size stays in a "standard" range. The same thing goes on the turn, although I think it is more of a check. You probably just have to lay it down to a bet UNLESS you feel very confident that he wouldn't bet the river with a worse hand.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bot didn't you know? I'm sure I mean like 90% of the time. I mix up my play vs. different styles. Some people I bet the turn that is for sure.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a bot didn't you know? I'm sure I mean like 90% of the time. I mix up my play vs. different styles. Some people I bet the turn that is for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, don't mix up - adjust! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say what I mean better than I do.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You say what I mean better than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say that to my girlfriend all the time. She isn't a very good poker player though...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM

I really like your flop bet. It keeps the flush draw expensive, and gets valuable info from your opponent. I wouldn't always bet the turn or always check the turn. I think your choice is fine. However, I think his min-raise makes this the decision point for the hand. Some players are so square that you just know they have "it" when they make this play. IF this is the case, let the hand go now. You can be pretty confident this min-raise isn't the last bet you'll be faced with, and about the only card to come that will make you "fistpump" on the river is an ace. For me, I would be tempted to fold to the min-raise. I've been doing this some against opponents that play boring NL. Against move-makers, I'd call, because this is a perfect place to make a play at a nice sized pot...and yes, some movers and shakers do it with a lame min-raise.

On the river, I'm folding this hand...TPTK is the hand that I lose too much cashola with, so I'm adjusting accordingly.