Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Donk bet by a TAG

Raises. Let the st8 draws and FD to pay xtra for the cards and reevaluate after the turn card OR if BB 3 bets. Calling here sucks and u can't fold.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:40 PM

doing some ball park math, they all can correctly call with flush draws.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:58 PM

I just called and the button folded.

I really don't see any point in raising here against a competent player with a loose passive behind me. This is a good spot to just call and let the button come along. He isn't folding for 2 if he was calling for 1 as some point out. Keeping him in might also slow down the BB if he is playing a draw.

BB bets the turn brick and I call again.

Assuming I'm going to showdown here unless a flush and straight completing card comes on the river, I could raise here if I'm willing to fold. The problem is that my line doesn't actually look strong as someone suggested. If I had a big hand here I would have raised on the flop for protection. In fact, a good player probably knows this, which means he could have been counting on me to raise the flop so he could 3-bet. He's either thinking that or he has a draw he wants to bluff. Whatever he has though I don't like his line.

BB bets the river brick.

Hero?

I really don't see what I beat here besides a broken draw. He really can't expect me to fold here after calling twice. Just for the record, I would play an A this way as well in this spot even though it was multiway. As I said, I get suspicious when otherwise good players take strange lines. He might not know that though and think I'm just another overaggressive player who will raise for him.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:22 PM

How agressive have you been with this guy lately? I'm not sure I agree that this line looks like a draw. If its a naked flush or straight draw I dont know why he would want to lead the flop in a spot where he has zero FE when behind when there is a very good chance you'd raise him and force out the button. Recently against me this line has meant he has an ace is looking to see if you raise him to test his bad kicker or AdXd, or some sort of 2pair, 5, or 6's.

I dont think we're good here very often on the flop and seriously doubt we are we after he threes barrels
Old 11-02-2007, 02:25 PM

If we're planning on calling a river bet most of the time wouldnt it be better to raise the turn?