Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2006, 04:12 AM

Default 10/20 99 bet/fold ok on turn?

raiser is a 20/12/2.63
I was thinking of checking the turn and calling a river bet instead of this line. Lemme know what you think. Oh , and this is my first post on this forum, yay for me.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, 4 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.4SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.2BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG+1.

Results:
Final pot: 7.2BB
Old 03-25-2006, 04:17 AM

Default Re: 10/20 99 bet/fold ok on turn?

I would have 3bet this PF and took the hand from there.
Since you didn't i think the hand played out just fine. Because you didn't 3bet pf you raise him on the flop and he calls. That was very good, on the turn you have to bet again since he could have a hand like AQ and you don't want him to see the river for free.
He CR's you and it sucks, unless you have a good read on him you can fold this pretty easy.
Old 03-25-2006, 04:19 AM

Default Re: 10/20 99 bet/fold ok on turn?

3 bet or muck preflop. You aren't playing for set value, and you don't want the blinds coming along.

If he has played hands with you, he should know that your flop raise means you have a hand. If he wouldn't fold AQ on the flop raise, you have to bet the turn and fold to a raise. However once he calls the K high flop you are most likely in bad shape. You really got yourself in a bad spot by just calling preflop. Checking the turn and calling a river bet doesn't make much sense.