Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2007, 06:02 AM

Default How to convert a PokerOffice DB to Pokertracker DB

I posted the question -How to convert PO DB to PT DB- some days ago at this forum. I got response from Mike (Downrange). He wrote some code that i needed to change the PokerOffice HandHistorys to PokerTracker HandHistorys. This is how we did it:

First of all, you need to get all your HandHistorys from PokerOffice.

To import hands from PokerOffice:

- Start PokerOffice (duh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
- Go to the overview tab
- Select desired level in player summary
- At the bottom you now see game details with some hands. Press the Show All Button
- Now select one hand, press CTRL+A, then click right mouse button on one hand
- Press Show HandHistory for selected hands &lt;--- <u>Warning, processor intensive, 5k hands took like 2 hours on a AMD 3500+, during this time the computer does not respond. See (1)</u>
- The HandHistory's should be shown in a single popup window now

(1) - When you want your computer to respond while processing the HandHistorys, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE, Go to Processes tab, find javaw.exe, rightmouseclick the process, click set priority level, set lowest. You now have some response from your computer while processing. I dont know the effect of this to the processing time. It sucks having to compute for many hours for a louse 20k hands or something, but i wouldnt know how to make it go faster, other then buying/having a faster CPU. You can leave PO on at night maybe.

Ok, so now you get the HandHistorys from Pokeroffice. Now you need to make some changes to them so that PokerTracker will be able to import them. This is how you do that:

When PO saves a HH, it changes two things:
- It converts Hold'em No Limit to Holdem No Limit (At the top of the Hand History)
- It converts Table 'Sova' 6-max to Table Sova 6-max. (Or 9-Max etc)

We need a program/code to revert these changes. Well Mike wrote two lines of Perl code for that

perl -p -i -e "s/Holdem/Hold'Em/g" *
perl -p -i -e "s/Table (.*) ([69]-.*)/Table '\1' \2/g"

I don't really know much about programming, but you have to install Perl, then go to 'dos/command line', go to the folder of the hand historys and type in the code. I will aks Mike to make an executable if possible and I will post it if desired.

Well, so now everyone can convert his PO database to a PT database or any database or program.

Hope someone can use it,

Greetings,

Name