Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: *Official* Philadelphia E-A-G-L-E-S Thread (2007-2008)

[ QUOTE ]
SMIGLET,

Yes.

The TO drama began during training camp of the 2005 season. At the time, McNabb was an elite quarterback - he was coming off a monster 2004 season. Since then, it's been all downhill, but you have to put yourself in the mindset of an Eagles fan circa 2005. Back then, McNabb was a god.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was only an occasional god in my book. Never a complete champion with the heart, soul, and mind of a champion. My Dunavin bobblehead doll had already been given multiple timeouts. You do remember that he came up a little small in the SuperBowl, in a way.

His SuperBowl performance describes his career well. 30/51 with 3 TDs and 3 interceptions. He puked at the end and looked lost during his final drive.

Also, when he is gone I won't miss the hard throws at people's feet.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Garcia and McNabb have similar stats, but what they do on 3rd downs, in important situations, and the effect they had on the rest of the team is hugely positive to one side (Garcia) and negative on the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you ever use actual evidence to back up your statements?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Eagles fan that watched last years games, or the many playoff games that McNabb has blown, knows what I am talking about. What games did Garcia lose? None. How many games did McNabb? A couple. There is no point in arguing with you because you are a ridiculous eagles homer. All I have said is the franchise would be better without him. Dont make me started bumping your stupid eagles posts/predictions for this year.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 AM

Sometimes I think there is more sanity on WIP.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Eagles fan that watched last years games, or the many playoff games that McNabb has blown, knows what I am talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have watched just about every Eagles game of the Andy Reid era and I have no idea what you're talking about. He's not perfect, but McNabb has come through in plenty of big spots over the years. (And yes, he's blown plenty of games too. No one is saying he's Brady or Manning.) You just seem to selectively forget all the success the Eagles have had with him.

[ QUOTE ]
Dont make me started bumping your stupid eagles posts/predictions for this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

FO pegged the Eagles as the best team in the NFC for this year. Are they ridiculous Eagles homers too?

Oh, by the way, you still didn't answer my question. Do you have any actual evidence for anything you say?
Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 AM

Just look at win loss records with or without McNabb. Feeley has been able to win, Garcia has been able to win. Garcia is pretty good, but Feeley is awful. The defense has been good enough that you just need to not blow the game to win, which is what Garcia is great at and Feeley was capable of. McNabb isnt that kind of player. A more accurate passer would suit this system better, a QB with no touch (McNabb) does not fit the system because the receivers cant catch that well, and Garcia just exposed that last year.

I did not pick the Eagles as the NFC favorite. I said before the season I really did not understand the hype they were getting. I said all year that the Cowboys were easily the best team in the NFC East all year, and that the NFC East was clearly the best division. The biggest problem I see is that Dallas, NY, and Washington all are heading in the right direction for the future, especially in the most important positions, where I feel that the Eagles are doing the opposite. Either way it doesnt really matter. Hopefully McNabb plays the 1st half next week and plays awful, and Feeley leads them to victory in the 2nd half.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:09 AM

The McNabb situation has been a mess through out most of his career. It seems so much of the city wants him to fail. I hate to bring race in to it, but I can only put it on either that or a a pavlovian "want" for the city for the birds to fail.

While not a precision passer, McNabb has been a top 5 player at his position for the last 7 year when healthy. (Excluding this year) I feel like Phila. fans fail to grasp the huge disparity of talent between Brady and Manning and the rest of QBs in the league. No other consistently winning franchise has been so dependent on the position.

The birds philosophy of personel and cap management that has exposed itself to be virtually "recession proof;" yet this year appears to have just such a problem. It's disheartening, especially considering we never took our big shot with free agency during the peak years.

Edit to Add: I loved Garcia, and took pride over my friens in the fact that I felt the birds still had a chance to make the playoffs when he took over. While he was a great decision maker and game manager, he didn't have the arm strength to consistently throw the 10-20 yard out pattern that is essential in Reid's offense for when teams crowd the short route. New Orleans exposed this to its fullest.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM

Why do philly fans troll their own thread?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding me. McNabb had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Eagles losing that game. He had 0 turnovers and threw for 350 yards and 2 touchdowns and took a 17 point lead into the 4th.

A Westbrook fumble, the D's complete collapse, bad playcalling and some very flukey plays (that fumble into the endzone) were the reasons they lost that game.

D

[/ QUOTE ]
immediately before the westbrook fumble mcnabb committed one of the most retarded false starts i have ever seen by an NFL quarterback, he did like some kind of shimmy or dance to try to draw the defense offsides

im sure westbrook fumbled because he was still thinking "wtf was that?" like everyone else watching the game
Old 11-21-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just look at win loss records with or without McNabb. Feeley has been able to win, Garcia has been able to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Your selective memory completely ignored 2005. Did they win Detmer? Did they win with McMahon?

2) McNabb's win/loss record is pretty damn good.

3) In 2002, they won despite Feeley, not because of him. They won because of a good defense and a very easy schedule. The Eagles did not beat a winning team under Feeley. The only winning team they played under Feeley (Giants, Week 17) beat them. And, of course, the tradition continued this week as he beat 0-9 Miami.

I mean, I've had this argument before. I remember writing these words to Assani. The McNabb Sucks His Backups Are Better argument is no better now than it was then.

(Obviously Garcia is a different caliber quarterback than Detmer, McMahon or Feeley. Garcia is roughly as good as a healthy McNabb, and better than the "85-90%" McNabb we're seeing now. You do realize McNabb is still hurt, right? Or do you just selectively ignore that as well?)

[ QUOTE ]
The defense has been good enough that you just need to not blow the game to win, which is what Garcia is great at and Feeley was capable of. McNabb isnt that kind of player. A more accurate passer would suit this system better, a QB with no touch (McNabb) does not fit the system because the receivers cant catch that well, and Garcia just exposed that last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so illogical. You're saying that Feeley is better suited to play quarterback for the Eagles because he "won't blow the game". So you would rather have a worse quarterback that puts up less points for his offense? What the hell? Are you really that blinded over a small winning streak over a bunch of crappy teams? You really think that's sustainable?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The McNabb situation has been a mess through out most of his career. It seems so much of the city wants him to fail. I hate to bring race in to it, but I can only put it on either that or a a pavlovian "want" for the city for the birds to fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

It don't have anything to do with race. Philly LOVED A.I. and all the baggage that came with him. Ryan Howard is insanely popular right now. Same with MVP boy Jimmy Rollins. Its mostly a blue collar, white collar thing. A.I will be the best example probably ever of this. An undersized PG/SG who made up for all his shortcomings by playing his heart out everynight.

McNabb has carried a "company man", white collar vibe with him since he was drafted by the team. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this its just that Philly as a sports town doesn't relate to that.