Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Playing AK like a little girl.

Thanks kratz. I tend to play AK a little slower than most I suppose. I tend to smooth call raises with it in position (to get value out of Ace/lesser type hands) and repop OOP (ie the blinds) to try to minimize positional disadvantage.

I would have had no problem getting it in against a shorty, I just wasn't keen on getting it in against another big stack PF. Guess I'm not worthy of pants and should wear skirts.

the game being hyper aggro probably had me a little more on the passive side of the fence. Thanks for the checkup.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty much hgave to call a push there since i played this hand like such a bitch though right?

[/ QUOTE ]
oh dear
Old 04-14-2007, 10:57 PM

which is pretty much why I didnt raise the river too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM

I think the preflop play has been talked about enough. As played, what about that check behind on the flop? You have TPTK and there is a flush and straight draw and you aren't betting? TJs and 67s are not his most likely holdings, but I think it's very possible that he mixes it up in the SB when everyone folds often enough that you should be to protect against those holdings. I think he'll still call a bet of $75 if he has TT-QQ more often than not.

What hand did you put him on at that point and why didn't you bet?
Old 04-15-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the preflop play has been talked about enough. As played, what about that check behind on the flop? You have TPTK and there is a flush and straight draw and you aren't betting? TJs and 67s are not his most likely holdings, but I think it's very possible that he mixes it up in the SB when everyone folds often enough that you should be to protect against those holdings. I think he'll still call a bet of $75 if he has TT-QQ more often than not.

What hand did you put him on at that point and why didn't you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the flop came and he checked I put him on pretty much QQ-TT. I didn't give him any info with a check behind. He proceeded to "value bet" QQ on the turn and river. He wasn't one of the players that was 3 betting a whole lot preflo and was a bit tighter after the flop.

I don't think I would have gotten as much as I did had I not checked the flop.

I know its not my normal play in this situation, game conditions had me a little of my normal game with the ramped up aggression. (even for 6 max standards)
Old 04-15-2007, 11:57 AM

I understand what you mean with the PF limp. It's less EV but it reduces variance a ton. But after getting TPTK on the flop if the game is playing very aggressive post flop as well I think you should be looking to put all the money in the middle. i.e lead flop, raise, reraise whatever.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:59 AM

In a game like this I raise PF and hope i got 3 bet so I can push. Limping just blows my mind here, not sure what to make of it..
Old 04-15-2007, 12:06 PM

looks fine. Just don't try to bluff anytime soon nobody will believe you.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:03 PM

If you limp here, you should rr preflop. You should def bet this DRAWY ASS FLOP. You don't beat anything, but in an insanely aggro game i prob call here. Pretty cool avatar btw lol
Old 04-15-2007, 02:19 PM

Taylor Caby mentioned in his newer video that in very aggressive games limp reraising with AK occasionally. Sounds like a fun line to take here.