Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Vegans...

Hi. So nice of you to join us.

[ QUOTE ]
oh my god what a [censored] dickbag. so easy to come into a thread and be an arrogant [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you seem to be doing that quite well. Congrats.

[ QUOTE ]
patronize other people and their beliefs, not adress the very valid points they bring up and then leave when you realize you painted yourself into a corner.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have not left, and I don't see the corner I'm painted in. I believe I've answered most questions asked of me. I simply told luck (because it wouldn't be fair to him) that I wouldn't respond to his post without reading the links. And, since I really have no desire to be a vegan, I will probably never read the links. So, there you go.

[ QUOTE ]
not that i am shocked, you encounter [censored] like these all the time when you happen to prefer an alternative lifestyle to theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Were you born a douchebag, or is it a learned trait? Perhaps you missed this of mine:

"Vegans are fine upstanding citizens in my book (unless they're dirty hippies), it's a choice they've made. There is no right or wrong about what our species eats"

The hippie thing was a take-off on Borodog's joke, which you would know if you bothered to actually read the thread.

I am a meat-eater, and I will defend my right to eat meat, and try to explain why I believe it is appropriate. I have no problem with vegans. I don't understand them, but I respect their right to eat what they choose.

Do you respect my right to eat meat? Probably not. Why? Because you're a douchebag.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, luck, it's been a long day. Do you ever sleep in Finland?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but not when I want to watch sports from TV (and post on 2+2 at the same time).

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see your research on any species that even remotely resembles humans in these areas.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I promise I won't respond until I read the links you posted. Which means, probably never.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well played. Are you afraid that if you actually read that stuff, you would start to have problems in convincing yourself that your irrational beliefs are correct?

[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy your Tofu!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some tofu tastes really good. You don't have to believe, but it really does.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well played. Are you afraid that if you actually read that stuff, you would start to have problems in convincing yourself that your irrational beliefs are correct?

[/ QUOTE ]
Trust me, my fine Finnish friend, there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that I could ever read that would convince me to give up my beloved steak on the grill.

[ QUOTE ]
Some tofu tastes really good. You don't have to believe, but it really does.

[/ QUOTE ]
I love tofu in Chinese hot and sour soup, but I don't think I could eat it much plainer than that.