Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Hitting on a friend

buy her the stupid orchid and a lot of chocolate. chicks [censored] love chocolate
Old 02-11-2007, 11:25 PM

She's clearly not a close friend, so go for it. Even if it backfires, you can still be friends if you want, since there's not much to be screwed up!

Do what you want, but from the looks of it, she's into you. You have to act on it, but in a way that makes her think you have the upper hand and are either oblivious to her signals or can see them but don't care because if you go out with her, it's on your terms.

HOWEVER, the day after V-Day is a BAD IDEA, that will just annoy and hurt her, especially if she is into you. V-Day is important and you really kind of HAVE TO do something with her on that day. The trick of course is to do it in a way that it doesn't seem like a desperate move. If you look like every other douche hitting on her on V-Day, you lose. If you don't show up on V-Day, you lose. So you have to take her out, but you have to be very careful about it and keep the power on your side while you are doing it.

That day is all about the fantasy. Not showing up may keep the ball in your court, but she'll just quit playing with you.

You don't even have to take her out. Make her take YOU out--do SOMETHING together, but in a way that's on your terms. Fulfill her fantasy but don't be a weakling.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you could get away with getting her a flower or a card just because it happens to be Valentine's Day soon. This would be a big no-no if it wasn't for the holiday. It is extremely important that you don't go overboard and make it look like you are already swinging from this chicks coochie hairs.

I would go for the day before and be sure to include Happy Day Before Valentine's Day or something similar on the card. Just play it as a joke and I think she will dig it a lot. It shows you are a funny dude and actually listen to what she says. Chicks dig that stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think this is the best advice in thread. Also someone else said that she's already made up her mind, which is probably true, so the best you can do is to hope to influence it positively if she is on the fence. You shouldn't let the holiday influence you too much but like Jay said, it gives you an open to get her a little something and make broaching the situation easier on you. I know a lot of people who 'hate' Valentine's Day but I'm sure they hate it a lot less when 1)they have someone to be with and 2) they get an unexpected present on it. If it weren't for V-Day coming up I would take Drew's advice. Since it is, though, I would make the move earlier because if you wait until the day after it might feel as if you are playing on her loneliness after the holiday.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-11-2007, 11:52 PM

step 1: Cut a hole in a box
step 2: Put your junk in the box
step 3: Get her to open the box
Video demonstration <font color="white"> </font> <font color="white"> </font>
Old 02-11-2007, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
During the conversation today she mentioned she didn't have a boyfriend (all her, I did not bring it up), talked about Valentines day (claims she thinks it's a stupid holiday), and then we went into a flower shop and she went on about how she loves flowers and loves giving/receiving them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems pretty obvious. Uninterested girls know better than to volunteer single status like that in front of guys that might be available. And don't take her word about V-Day. I had two GFs that talked the same way about it, because they were generally the sarcastic/cynical type. It's all talk, they light up when they see you dressed up with flowers. Definitely take her out on V-Day. Major points, and much greater chance for the sexy time.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM

ok wow,,,,doing something stupid like getting her flowers the day after v-day becuase you think she will realize that you intentionally planned to do that, and wanted to show her you are listening to her about how she hates the holiday????

SHE will think you are a huge PUSSY WAGON and go on to date some [censored], who atleast doesnt overthink everything and is good with women.

buy her flowers/teddybear on v-day, let her know how u feel
Old 02-11-2007, 11:54 PM

This relationship will end in total mutual non-interest.

With luck, you will remain friends.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 AM

I think you should send them on Valentines Day like everybody else said.. also on the card you could write something like.. "hopefully this makes ur Valentines Day a little better".. kind of friendly and not too awkward and if she isn't diggin you in a relationship kind of way you could play it off like it was just a friendly thing. No matter how much girls say they hate valentines day, they will appreciate the gifts. They say they hate it when they dont have a boyfriend, she'll love the flowers.

And from my experience, usually when girls ask questions and drop hints like that they are into you.. i mean they're not goin to come right out and say it most of the time. I say go for it dude.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you are with her, just casually steer the conversation around to sex. Talk about things you've done with other girls (if you haven't done anything, make something up), and ask her about what she's been up to. "What's the wildest thing you've ever done?" is a GREAT question to ask a girl you want to f*ck.

[/ QUOTE ]

at this point, i thought you were retarded...

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to move from friend to boyfriend, you have to make her see you as a sexual being. So be one. Don't sanitize yourself or be too polite. You can be sexual and still be a gentleman... actually, do this right and the girls will fall in love with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

and right here i realized you were a genius. gg.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:22 AM

on the afternoon of the 14th
"come by i'm cooking some stuff and i could use the company"

don't do anything elaborate. don't buy her flowers. do spend money on a couple bottles of wine so that on the next day, she can blame the alcohol for sleeping with you.