Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: A Quick Comment About Republicans/Dems, \"Whose\" fault IG Ban is...

"Yea, this online gambling ban is gonna be the issue that rounds up the masses for his Presidential run. The Christian Right doesn't care about gay marriage or abortion anymore, THEY WANT TO STOP THE GAMBLERS. You hit the nail on the head. "

Anyone who wants to be President won't try to attach legislation banning abortion to a Port Security bill. That is political suicide. This is an "easy" way to show his potential base that he is "one of them" without doing anything principled like say "attaching legislation banning abortion on a Port Secuirty bill. He just wants their vote.

"There is no way to protect our ports without banning online poker? Why didn't the Republicans just add sections to the bill declaring abortion and gay marriage illegal? If the Democrats hand was forced... "

You basically said the same thing twice. Once again the political reality is that poker players are an "easy" target for scoring morality points when drumming up support for a presidential run. It's showing them he has "street cred"

]

"I don't even get what you're saying in this...I'm not voting next election."

You are either part of the solution, part of the problem or part of the landscape. If you aren't voting why am I even bothering to reply to you.

"I can see very clearly, sir. Republicans and Democrats passed this bill. The Republicans are douchebags for putting it on the bill and the Democrats are cowards for not standing up to it. Republicans=Douchebags, Democrats=Cowards. What else is newww?? "

What is new is your livelyhood has been threatened and you are picking your ability to make money over Port Security. There was no need to attach this to the Port Security bill. The republican leader did so anyways.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:43 PM

Default Re: A Quick Comment About Republicans/Dems, \"Whose\" fault IG Ban is...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who wants to be President won't try to attach legislation banning abortion to a Port Security bill. That is political suicide. This is an "easy" way to show his potential base that he is "one of them" without doing anything principled like say "attaching legislation banning abortion on a Port Secuirty bill. He just wants their vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, how many bible thumpers that don't gamble online do you think are even AWARE of this piggybacked legislation? The religious right has so much more on their plate. If you think they are opening up their newspapers and celebrating Frist for cracking down on the gamblers, you're delusional.

[ QUOTE ]
You are either part of the solution, part of the problem or part of the landscape. If you aren't voting why am I even bothering to reply to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does problem or solution mean Republican or Democrat(in your eyes?) Please clarify. If I don't like either party, what incentive do I have to vote?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:50 PM

I can no longer reply to you because I believe it would be pointless.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:06 PM

Blame is useless and timewasting. It is unproductive. Blame is reaching into the past. Ineffective people spend time looking for someone to 'blame'.

Solve the problem.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you value Internet Poker over the security of our ports from Islamic terrorists? If a terrorist attack happened at our ports or if radioactive material got through our ports because they don't have the money to get the technology to detect it would you feel the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

The port security bill won't keep our ports safe from nukes. it just means they scan the containers AFTER they arrive in the port, so essentially the bill does nothing really usefull.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blame is useless and timewasting. It is unproductive. Blame is reaching into the past. Ineffective people spend time looking for someone to 'blame'.

Solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame is probably the single/only thing that the goverment is actually good at.

The problem won't be solved until the pendulum swings back away from the party of puritans.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blame is probably the single/only thing that the goverment is actually good at.

The problem won't be solved until the pendulum swings back away from the party of puritans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am talking about us when I say blame is ineffective. You may be right with respect to the problem not being solved until the pendulum swings away from the puritans. I would disagree with that and say that the problem remains, albeit a problem of a different flavor.

In any event, pointing fingers is unproductive. I realize many people are upset. I am too. I am trying to point out that the sooner we stop complaining/crying/finger pointing, and the sooner we start problem solving, the better off we will all be.

It is unproductive IMO for democtrat poker players to piss off republican poker players, and vice versa. The sooner we can come together and work on a common issue, etc. the better off we will all be.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:59 PM

For all you guys that voted republican you got what you asked for.

Terorism will end now.

Land of the free My ass
Old 10-02-2006, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Solve the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]