Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Change WSOP Forum Sticky

From WSOP/Tournament Circuit sticky describing what type of posts do NOT belong in their forum and where such posts actually belong:

[ QUOTE ]
News, Views, Gossip : Regardless of whether or not a player has participated in a tournament discussed in this forum, if you want to discuss anything newsworthy, how you feel about a player, or throw out some gossip do NOT post in this forum. Those types of posts go in NVG. One exception is that during events like the WSOP we'll occasionally allow ONE thread for a player so that those interested can discuss and follow him or her throughout the tournament. But once the tournament has concluded, new posts most likely will be appropriate only for NVG.

Thanks for making this forum and all of 2+2 such a fabulous success.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet Dids said that he has deleted 7 Vinny Vinh threads from NVG today because that is where people believe that those threads belong. Also brandi threads and other player threads have crept into what was once a civilized forum

I am not sure why we are changing the current setup. I like having the tournament forum for updates, chip counts, trip reports, and structure type questions and having the gossip curtailed to the gossip forum.

I vote for putting these threads in NVG and keeping the WSOP forum for tournament discussion and play updates, but then again I fear change:

edit:

I just ran through the tourney circuit threads (I don't know how many were moved and how many were posted there) to point out the type of thread that I am talking about belonging in NVG.

Where has Prahlad Freidman been?,
where's Dmitri Nobles?,
Brandi Missing 200-400 Blind Round Due To Illness,
My etiquette... reasons and apology,
Gavin Smith... Puss......,
Brandi Energy Drink Sponsor?,
Eric Froehlich calls Rolf Slotboom a donkey,
Phil Hellmuth Car Accident in Rio Parking lot
Old 07-10-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Change WSOP Forum Sticky

Cornell,

My memory is that this was a decision we made last year to try and concentrate all WSOP activity into one place. If everybdoy (including the wsop forum mods) want to change that now, I'm more than welcome.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:23 PM

I tried to find the Wayne's World 'I fear change' clip on youtube but no luck. I then typed in "Wayne's World Fear Change" into google video search and the only result was a snake regurgitating a hippopotamus.

Pretty weird stuff:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ange&hl=en
Old 07-10-2007, 08:06 PM

Dids - Even though it relates to her WSOP behavior it seems to be that it's more about 'typical Brandi drama' and thus would fit in better in NVG.

Same goes for Vinny Vinh's absence I think.

Just my thoughts.
I don't have much problem with some of the Brandi drama spilling over to Tourn-Circuit but it seems like others would prefer to keep it out of there and I can definitely see their point.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:26 PM

Heh, earlier today I was in the process of starting an ATF thread about the Vinny Vinh deletions then I read the sticky addendum. So I went to WSOP and saw tepid discussion regarding Vinny's situation.

I have no idea how dramabombs like Vinny and Brandi don't obviously belong in NVG, unless it directly involves their performance in a tournament. Then again, I don't read WSOP much, but just last night I noticed two NVG Vinny threads deleted (not moved) and it took me a long time to figure out why. It's gossipy so it took me awhile to even consider the sticky.

EDIT: basically what MicroBob said.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dids - Even though it relates to her WSOP behavior it seems to be that it's more about 'typical Brandi drama' and thus would fit in better in NVG.

Same goes for Vinny Vinh's absence I think.

Just my thoughts.
I don't have much problem with some of the Brandi drama spilling over to Tourn-Circuit but it seems like others would prefer to keep it out of there and I can definitely see their point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Brandi Rose should be permabanned, she just posts lies and drivel trying to rile everyone into a tizzy of posting how much they hate her.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Brandi Rose should be permabanned, she just posts lies and drivel trying to rile everyone into a tizzy of posting how much they hate her.

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is a bad thing?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And this is a bad thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

2p2 gives us access to great strategy minds that help make us a lot of money. They do this at no direct cost to the users.

I am more than happy to see their ad revenue increased through the rantings of Brandi and the hate that is sent her way... if you wanted to argue that it is immoral to exploit an unstable woman (is that phrase redundant?) you would have an legitimate argument. But, if you are saying that she should be banned for being controversial then that just doesn't make any fiscal sense for the 2p2 corporation.

All I want is my civilized Tournament Circuit forum back. I don't see why the riffraff should be allowed in to the TC/WSOP forum for one week of the year and be shunned the rest of the year.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to find the Wayne's World 'I fear change' clip on youtube but no luck. I then typed in "Wayne's World Fear Change" into google video search and the only result was a snake regurgitating a hippopotamus.

Pretty weird stuff:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ange&hl=en

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only a pygmy hippotamus, so i'm unimpressed.

i'm curious why all those guys wanted the snake to hurl up the hippo though. just let the snake be gigantic and attacked by some animal while it cannot move.