Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Party Simple SNG Opener (New AHK Script)

This is a really simple script. It continuously opens SNGs at the buyin selected in the lobby, and opens new ones as you close them down.

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartySimpleSNGOpener

Please use this thread for feedback, suggestions etc.

Enjoy,

dave.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: Party Simple SNG Opener (New AHK Script)

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really simple script. It continuously opens SNGs at the buyin selected in the lobby, and opens new ones as you close them down.

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartySimpleSNGOpener

Please use this thread for feedback, suggestions etc.

Enjoy

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool, I'll give this a shot for my next session and tell u how I get on.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 09:32 AM

I play in sets and I mix the buy-ins. Does this script work for that?
Old 01-23-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I did give this a quick try but ran into a few problems:

1. The lobby needs to have focus to update it's list.
2. First table it opened was an Omaha table, but seemed to work fine after I set a filter.
3. To stop it from working, I have to click on my systray icon, but while I'm playing I move the taskbar off the bottom of the screen to reduce distractions and to make it so I can fit 3x3 tables nicely on the 1600x800.
4. I was worried what might happen if I had a crash - there is a lag while the tables re-open after you log back in, and I had nightmares of it trying to open more tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Overall I'm not sure if I feel happy with something opening new SNGs on it's own, but perhaps a version which lets you press like F11 and have it open a single table? Most of my messing about comes from opening tables which are almost full or the fact I set my mouse to real high DPI while playing and find it hard to click on the seats to sit down.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought restoring the lobby (if minimized) was enough... I'll have a look how you handle this in SafeMine.

[ QUOTE ]

2. First table it opened was an Omaha table, but seemed to work fine after I set a filter.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add a check to make sure the row select actually worked before sending enter.

[ QUOTE ]

perhaps a version which lets you press like F11 and have it open a single table?

[/ QUOTE ]
As is, the entirety of the code is contained within a single function.

This is called every %interval% ms using a SetTimer, there is no reason why removing the timer (or just turning it off) and using a Hotkey instead to fire the getatable() function would be a problem.

[ QUOTE ]

Most of my messing about comes from opening tables which are almost full

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about adding an auto-sit loop (based on your "seat-open" control visible checking in the table-closing part of your script). But then I decided that would be very dangerous (auto-open + auto-buyin) in case someone fell asleep / got called away in emergency etc... it could concevably just blow through someones whole balance. So I didn't make that functionality... yet. It is to me the most annoying part of joining a SNG on Party. Especially when it seems someone else sits jsut before you as you try and click on the few remaining open seats.

dave.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends if you can show more than one buyin at once in the Party lobby using filters... can you?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends if you can show more than one buyin at once in the Party lobby using filters... can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah actually you can (I did it by accident). You have to mark the buy-ins that you play to your "Favourites". Then you can just choose "1-Table" and it won't show anything but the 11s and 22s (for example).
Old 01-23-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought restoring the lobby (if minimized) was enough... I'll have a look how you handle this in SafeMine.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thinking about it then I don't think safemine does anything special (maybe it steals focus - so long can't remember what I did). Also perhaps the lobby does update eventually if you leave it long enough, but I noticed that it didn't update for me yesterday unless I clicked the lobby and set focus - perhaps I was being impatient though lol [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add a check to make sure the row select actually worked before sending enter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Luckily I use the MultiGrey mod and Omaha/Stud tables have the seats all in normal skins so it stands out a mile if you open the wrong table.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

perhaps a version which lets you press like F11 and have it open a single table?

[/ QUOTE ]
As is, the entirety of the code is contained within a single function.

This is called every %interval% ms using a SetTimer, there is no reason why removing the timer (or just turning it off) and using a Hotkey instead to fire the getatable() function would be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh. I should have thought of this, got a killer headache (that's my excuse anyway!) [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Most of my messing about comes from opening tables which are almost full

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought about adding an auto-sit loop (based on your "seat-open" control visible checking in the table-closing part of your script). But then I decided that would be very dangerous (auto-open + auto-buyin) in case someone fell asleep / got called away in emergency etc... it could concevably just blow through someones whole balance. So I didn't make that functionality... yet. It is to me the most annoying part of joining a SNG on Party. Especially when it seems someone else sits jsut before you as you try and click on the few remaining open seats.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I agree. I'd rather have safety than a chance of a disaster. When I first added the option to press the "Auto-post blind" option in AutoResizer in Party, I was worried it would mess up and cause a disaster. In the end I opted for logic that meant it would at worst case auto-post once and then you would lose 1xBB bc you would then sitout after failing to act.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Default WTF is going on with registering for Speeds?

I was gonna try and use the F11 quick join idea, but wtf is going on with the NL Hold'em Speed's today?

No registration for like 30 mins, then about 10 all offer registration at the same time, then nothing until they all finish, and so forth.

Regulars and Limit Speeds seem to be running fine, and it seems like it's only 11 and 22 Speed NL Hold'em SNGs that are effected.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: WTF is going on with registering for Speeds?

As I'm writing this the tournies are running just fine...