Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 01:50 AM

Default 200NL blind battle spew ??

I have only been at the table 10 hands or so and dont have any real reads on SB....I put opponent on a flush draw after a call of my flop raise. whats your take on the turn push here??? he thought forever and then called turn ai

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $458.40
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $208.25</font>
UTG: $261.40
MP: $189.20
CO: $250.40
BTN: $166.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27.00</font>, SB calls $19.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($66) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $40.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $175.25</font>, SB calls $135.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($416.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $416.50 ($3 Rake)
Old 05-28-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 200NL blind battle spew ??

I see 3 times in the hand where you should have folded... but you raised instead.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:03 AM

sounds kind of like you made a mistake. Most FD's don't continue to bet and will shut down if you'll let them. The 40 bet is a little large to be an effective blocking bet.

Additionally you're betting a pair of deuces? Without strong reads telling you your opponent is laggy you probably shouldn't even call that flop. You (more-or-less) have nothing. Any PP beats you and some of them have you slaughtered (namely 77 and 88).

A friend of mine is reading over my shoulder and says "I think this is a set betting out a flush draw". Personally I don't think it matters. You're beating a high card hand. Deuces aren't really enough of a reason for me to stick around even if all I'm up against is a flush draw.

If he DOES have a flush draw he's drawing to 15 live outs REGARDLESS OF HIS HOLDING (less the ace). You're making an overly aggressive move here especially since you currently know nothing about your opponent's play. If he has the 56 or 9T spades hes drawing to no less than 21 live outs HALF THE DAMN DECK.

Your hand is rediculously weak and I can't believe you'd try to run that bluff since he bet out TWICE. The flop could easily have been a semi-bluff but the turn probably isn't. Fold Flop, fold turn fold river.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:10 AM

well now that we didnt flod pf, flop or turn.....what does villian need to have here to call for stacks? isnt he reraising my flop raise if he is that strong here?
Old 05-28-2007, 02:43 AM

But look at his turn bet. He doesn't want to bet fold the turn, not that much. He already knows you like your hand enough to raise the flop. When he's betting $40 on the turn it's not likely he's folding, which makes it less likely he's got a flush draw, since not many ppl just bumrush their draws like that. He would bet less, to try to price himself in, if he was thinking about betting.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:48 AM

I hate it.

Try to avoid huge pots with marginal hands. You now have your entire stack on bottom pair no draw, which is never good.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 AM

Lets put it this way, if he DOES have the flush draw he's a terrible player and you shouldn't reward terrible play with terriblep play.

If he's going to call for stacks, I'd say he has a set, or at least a strongish overpair. However neither of those is out of line with his take so far. If he had a set he wouldn't want to raise your flop raise. He's more likely to get a value bet on the turn against a weaker hand if he doesn't stack off on the flop.

His call of your flop bet should have shut you down entirely. 40 is too big for a blocking bet so he likes his hand a LOT and you don't have a massive stack compared to the pot. the pot is 100 and you just bet 120 (only a raise of 80), You're giving him 3:1 which isn't bad odds for a strong holding. He knows you don't have a flush so really he's only worried about a stronger set/overpair. Since the two of you weren't stacking off preflop he probably isn't afraid of an overpair.

I think his set holding is more likely than anything else.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:46 PM

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $458.40
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $208.25</font>
UTG: $261.40
MP: $189.20
CO: $250.40
BTN: $166.05

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, Hero calls $4.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($12) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $8.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $27.00</font>, SB calls $19.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($66) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $40.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $175.25</font>, SB calls $135.25

<font color="black">River:</font> ($416.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $416.50 ($3 Rake)

SB had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (high card Queen) and LOST (-$208.25)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Deuces) and WON (+$205.25)
Old 05-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Was this just a brag post? You played it terribly. Results prove nothing.
Old 05-28-2007, 04:52 PM

Preflop is meh, its ok. Flop is bleh, I'd just call. As played turn is definitely huge spew, easy fold.