Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 09:23 AM

Default 1/2 (6 max). Am I a maniac?

I have been very agressive the past few rounds, and I have a maniac image. The other players are quite tight, as I am rarely played back at.

UTG and CO have short stacks, Button and I have 400.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $6.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($66, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $66</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $65.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $42.15</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($305.65, 2 players + 2 all-in - Main pot: $234.6, Sidepot 1: $70.05, Sidepot 2: $1)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $104</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $320.6</font>

What should I do ? Any comments of the previous rounds of betting?

++
Old 12-21-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: 1/2 (6 max). Am I a maniac?

With a maniac image, it is probably unwise to be re-raising anything but aces as you are oftentimes only going to be raised by a premium by a tight player. Flop bet is fine. I wouldn't have bet out on the turn I dont think, but thats me. I fold to that bet as your straight is probably no good and the button might have a redraw that trumps your flush draw so you might be drawing dead after putting in an extra 200 and change to call.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 AM

Preflop: I'm ok with this. However call is better. You've worst position and the gap in your hand makes it less appealing.

Flop: I think your line is the best.

Turn: Fold. However your mistake was to bet too small. Best option is to check and give up if big stack bets big. If you want to bet you should bet more, at least 2/3 of the pot. LAG image makes people raise you here without the nuts.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:16 PM

Hmmm. Preflop isn't great, better with a hand like 5789 with the gap at the bottom, but that's not a huge deal. I think your flop line is best, but once you've been called by two short-stacks all-in (now making the pot protected) AND by the other big stack, you've got to be supremely worried. It's a very dangerous board and you only have 3 outs to the nuts. On the turn, you hit the 3rd nuts and it's pretty likely you're beat somewhere, so the only point of betting the turn is to get value from drawing hands. You have hit the turn, so you need to bet, but as the pot is protected you really don't need to bet very much. That 1/3rd pot bet is probably about right but I think you can tone that down to $50 even because you're very very rarely going to get bluff-raised by a weaker hand. You OBV need to fold to the all-in.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With a maniac image, it is probably unwise to be re-raising anything but aces as you are oftentimes only going to be raised by a premium by a tight player.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. What a maniac! He only 3bets with ACES! Even if he does get 4bet with aces he'll have nice implied odds as they're calling out their hand and he wont be far behind anyway or get raised often since they're playing tight

Preflop is OK but I'd prefer 9875 as Wazz said but you have position and are playing aggressive.

Flop is fine. Turn is a fold for sure. Shame you got called in a billion places. Also a read on the button? I've seen a couple of players shove a protected pot trying to force me out but in the most case you're going to have to fold. Next time hit a 6
Old 12-21-2006, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...On the turn, you hit the 3rd nuts and it's pretty likely you're beat somewhere, so the only point of betting the turn is to get value from drawing hands. You have hit the turn, so you need to bet, but as the pot is protected you really don't need to bet very much. That 1/3rd pot bet is probably about right but I think you can tone that down to $50 even because you're very very rarely going to get bluff-raised by a weaker hand. You OBV need to fold to the all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like small bet here. too many draws will have the needed odds and sometimes you'll be fired away from the pot by a drawing hand or bluff. If you think you need to protect you'll had to bet more.