Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Am I out of line?

While using computer labs in various buildings across campus (PSU), I find people making noise (talking on cell-phones, conversing and laughing loudly with others, blasting i-pods, and generally being annoying). The worst part is that they know how distrubtive they are, but dont care. I have considered just telling them to STFU, but thats way to confrontational for me and def wont solve anything. Should the same rules apply to a computer lab as they do a library? Or am i out of line?

note: started this thread because some a-hole just sat and blasted his i-pod to the point i had to turn up mine, and now am on life-tilt.

rant away......
Old 11-01-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Am I out of line?

i started a facebook group entitled "I'm Writing a Paper So Shut the [censored] Up" and whenever I knew the name of the person being loud, I would invite them to the group and watch them open the e-mail. Then they'd look around embarrassed. Most time I would just tell them to be quiet, but something this was funnier/easier.

There would be 20 people doing work, writing papers, and then there'd be a group of 3 people crowded around one computer laughing and chatting, or two people spending 15 minutes basically saying "this assignment sucks!". So annoying when you're in a computer lab during finals week.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i started a facebook group entitled "I'm Writing a Paper So Shut the [censored] Up" and whenever I knew the name of the person being loud, I would invite them to the group and watch them open the e-mail. Then they'd look around embarrassed. Most time I would just tell them to be quiet, but something this was funnier/easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is awesome
Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 PM

Blasting iPods? Your typing is probably louder than this.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM

'Hi hows it going, i'm not trying to be funny but im trying to study here and you're disturbing me, would you be able to keep it down a little please? cheers.'

Easy.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not the little ear buds, i'm talking old-school headphones on max! I could kill the kids who do this............."we get it, you like rap/death-metal, now STFU! you are not the only one in here!"

note: This thread I started, tilts me.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you're underestimating how loud music can be coming from someone's headphones.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Don't work in a public place if you don't like the distractions. You have a dorm room or apartment to do your work in if you want it to be quiet.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't work in a public place if you don't like the distractions. You have a dorm room or apartment to do your work in if you want it to be quiet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe he needs the computers (or software) in the computer lab?

OP, try getting some noise-canceling earphones. When i had to work in the IE lab during grad school, it was raucous as hell in there, so i used my shooting ear muffs.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:11 PM

The fourth floor of Drexel's library is designated as a "quiet area." There would constantly be a group of 3-5 people who decided it would be best to do their group project there. The majority of them think it is alright as long as they whisper. However, this makes it 10 times more annoying.