Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: see the gyroball: september 22nd @ safeco field!

Thanks for the vote of confidence imo. I thought I pitched okay minus the walks, but I probably was catching too much of the plate with my fastballs. My velocity was terrible because there was no bullpen to warm up on! I had to throw from flat ground, wtf.

Ah well. It was fun!
Old 09-24-2007, 04:05 AM

Here are my pictures, as promised. There are professional pictures and video that I plan on getting as well, so I'll share those as soon as I get them.

View of the game before mine

Walking through the hallways to the clubhouse

Visitor's clubhouse

My locker

Picture from the visitor's dugout

Can't wait to upload the video of my blast to left-center, a few fielding plays, and maybe the better parts of me pitching [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 11:28 AM

Biggest Beat:

I realized like the mornig of the game that it would be genius to make signs for kyle. One that said "POKERSTARS RELOAD MARCH" and then those faces kyle likes which we would hold up for good and bad things.

Also fantastic was kyle coming up with the bases loaded, and the runners on 2nd and 3rd being so slow that there was no way possible he would have been able to get more than one RBI on the play without hitting it out. LOL FAT OLD PEOPLE.

Best non kyleb moments from the game:

GoT and stabn betting on which little kid would get to the foul balls first, and GoT looking like he was seriously going to start coaching his horse (Green Shirt, who had bad path finding skills).

stabn yelling: METAL BAT PLEASE at some guy who was using a wooden bat and hitting foul balls 3 inches and then realizing that perhaps he had crossed a line.

Dids not getting totally owned when he took the suckers end of a bet with GoT. Yay for weak armed corner IFs.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest Beat:

GoT and stabn betting on which little kid would get to the foul balls first, and GoT looking like he was seriously going to start coaching his horse (Green Shirt, who had bad path finding skills).

[/ QUOTE ]

Best part of this bet is when a ball goes behind the visitors dugout (both green and black shirt were by the home dugout). Only green shirt starts running over for it. So stabn takes off after the ball to protect his $5. Once green shirt stopped and went back to black shirt I pretended to pickup the ball and put it in my pocket.

GoT did not approve of my bet protection [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Thirty seconds later i wish i'd actually bothered to find it because green shirt is running over to that side.

Luckily she was only swapping sides because a lefty was up to bat.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Best part of this bet is when a ball goes behind the visitors dugout (both green and black shirt were by the home dugout). Only green shirt starts running over for it. So stabn takes off after the ball to protect his $5. Once green shirt stopped and went back to black shirt I pretended to pickup the ball and put it in my pocket.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was by far the best part of the bet for me.

KJS
Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 AM

Here's one picture of me pitching with the gyroball grip:

I ordered two awesome pictures of me, one of me following through on my blast to left-center and a great picture of me following through on a pitch. They are way too watermarked up to upload right now and I got physical copies, so I hope he sends me a usable JPEG as well. Will upload when I get it.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:47 PM

Two more pics:

Old 09-26-2007, 08:55 PM

Kyleb

Hats off to a pitcher who can hit. Good form on the hitting.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:57 PM

My hands came through a bit level for my tastes (I try to finish high like most power hitters), but the end result was an absolute blast to left-center, so I'll take it!
Old 09-26-2007, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My hands came through a bit level for my tastes (I try to finish high like most power hitters), but the end result was an absolute blast to left-center, so I'll take it!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'd be a tool to point that out not knowing where the pitch was (I'm assumimg up slightly, and over, based on your level swing). The body position, arm extension, balance, and rotation of right hand over left are all good indicators of a solid foundation.