Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: 6max Limit + very loose/passive opponents = big problem

So what opponents are easier to beat? It would seem only weak/tight folders would be easier because they are so predictable. If someone only calls it doesn't much better. Play your hand the best way you can and play the percentages. If you want sure things and only put the money in when you're 95% ahead you have to go back in time to 2005. In this spot not betting the turn is horrible against this type of player on that board. He doesn't have jack squat the majority of the time and you're giving him 2 cards for the price of 1 small bet to draw out. You're giving him odds with any 2 cards to beat you!

Now, I'm not telling you to bet anything on the turn all the time. But you got a lot of hands missing K83, that's almost the best flop possible that misses you, and you have a hand with showdown value. If it was T87 and you had queen high I'd say shut it down and wait for another hand but here you're giving money away.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my average win rate is between 1.5 and 2BB/100, what I don't consider satisfying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh???

I don't see why you are complaining that winrate is a very good winrate nowadays. What are the limits you play??
Old 08-13-2007, 06:29 AM

whatever you do, do not stop raising preflop, if you have any playable hand RAISE! and I do mean any playable hand, make he'm pay to come in with that crap, and,,,, be very thankful he dont raise you when he has something, I dont know if you thought about this, but this is money for you in the end, if you catch anything ,just bet bet bet untill the river, if you have any draw or pair, bet bet bet, if he wants to call you down with 62 offsuit and no pair no draw, be thankful!! if he raise fold, if he bet fold unless you have better, simple, if you raise AK preflop, then it's an automatic bet on the flop AND turn, either you miss or not, sometime he will be calling you down with A3 and he missed too, some time he will catch a tiny pair, and you hit a king on the river, with this play, you will make he into a callingstation, if he is not allready, but be aware, when using this style, you need a big roll, cus it can be big swings, and dont loose faith, sometimes you will be missing every hand and he is not, and you see your roll go down more and more, just hang in there and keep betting
Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my average win rate is between 1.5 and 2BB/100, what I don't consider satisfying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh???

I don't see why you are complaining that winrate is a very good winrate nowadays. What are the limits you play??

[/ QUOTE ]
I stopped reading at that point [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 AM

First of all, thank you very much for your help. Maybe I should really consider correct position at the table relative to such opponents. And the hint, to check out the minimal holdings that such opponents are willing to play is a good advice too. Somebody told me, that limping with some suitable hands from UTG could also have a positive effect in such games where everybody just limps in. This might be some kind of "full-ring-style" play if the conditions are right.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for posting my question here but there is no short-handed microlimit forum available. I play within the microlimits. I'm not satisfied with this winrate because my NL winrates are really much higher.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for posting my question here but there is no short-handed microlimit forum available. I play within the microlimits. I'm not satisfied with this winrate because my NL winrates are really much higher.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's normal. NL winrates are simply much higher, usually about 3-4 times as much expressed in big bets. 2 BB/100 in limit is comparable to winning 6 ptBB/100 in NL, or as some people say, 12 bb/100 (big blinds)
Old 08-13-2007, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's your mistake. You really can't compare NLHE WR to LHE WR. I think the guys in NL are talking about a good WR being 5-10 PTBB/100 (1 PTBB = 2 big blinds), I think a very good LHE WR is considered to be 1.5-2 BB/100 (where BB is big bets = 2 big blinds).
Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's your mistake. You really can't compare NLHE WR to LHE WR. I think the guys in NL are talking about a good WR being 5-10 PTBB/100 (1 PTBB = 2 big blinds), I think a very good LHE WR is considered to be 1.5-2 BB/100 (where BB is big bets = 2 big blinds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, many thanks for correcting me. If 1.5-2BB/100 is already considered a good winrate at 6max LHE than I will not be ungrateful to the poker-god and I hope, that I can keep this while moving up in limits. Anyway, your're right, it is difficult to compare the winrates within some specified Limit and No Limit levels.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, many thanks for correcting me. If 1.5-2BB/100 is already considered a good winrate at 6max LHE than I will not be ungrateful to the poker-god and I hope, that I can keep this while moving up in limits. Anyway, your're right, it is difficult to compare the winrates within some specified Limit and No Limit levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can compare them but apples to apples isn't blind amounts or BB/100, it is mainly pot-size. For example, $0.25NL doesn't compare favorably to $0.10/$0.20 limit but rather to $1/$2 limit and so on. If your earnings/hand are similar between limit and NL then you are perfoming comparably.