Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Pros vs. Joes - does anyone care?

After watching UFC's Best Knockouts on Spike last night, I tuned in for their new show, Pros vs. Joes. Basic premise - regular guys who think they're awesome athletes because they played D3 football for a year go up against real athletes in athletic skill contests, both in the pro's area of expertise and other sports. The pro lineup last night was:

Dennis Rodman, Jim McMahon, Matt Williams, Jerry Rice, and Goldberg. Hall of famers.

Three Joes, none over 6 feet tall or 200 pounds....who talk so much smack it's ridiculous. I can cover Jerry Rice...I can outrebound Dennis Rodman, blah blah blah WHATEVER.

Naturally, they all got owned. Seriously owned.

The guy who only let Jerry Rice catch 2 of 3 passes won that category, and I think it was pass interference.

They tried to get Goldberg on his back in the ring...he got one Joe on his back and just held him there until time ran out.

They had a golf competition - closest to a pin about 220 yards out, and the pin was on a hill facing them. Matt Williams stuck a shot four feet from the pin. The guy going up against Goldberg thought he had it easy, until Goldberg nailed one two feet away. I think Jim McMahon's best was about ten feet away. One Joe got about fifteen feet away, but everything else was terrible.

Dennis got every rebound except one, but time ran out anyways so it didn't matter. That was probably my favorite. He didn't have to jump half the time.

My question for OOT is - do you think this show will survive a season or more of watching these Joes get dominated in just about everything? Pros on following episodes include Jennie Finch, Alexi Lalas, Bo Jackson, and Bill Romanowski. I can see it now...man, I'm gonna hit Romo like a freight train. You gotta be kidding me. Does this show have any potential?

ScottieK