Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Crappy service at bar...what\'s your line

Maybe take it easy on her since it seems like she is new to the job. If she keeps it up and does not improve you should bring it up with the owner that you talk to alot.
Do you think her performance was based more on that is was busy and she was working by herself? or she was new to the job? or that overall she just sucks at bartending?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe take it easy on her since it seems like she is new to the job. If she keeps it up and does not improve you should bring it up with the owner that you talk to alot.
Do you think her performance was based more on that is was busy and she was working by herself? or she was new to the job? or that overall she just sucks at bartending?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bar was almost full, but not crazy like it can get on Friday and Saturday nights. She wasn't by herself...there was another guy helping, and later on another guy joined in.

She may have been new to the job, but don't most bartenders start out as barbacks? They should know at least something about how a bar operates.

What got me was how she would take my order, then go do other stuff like pour somebody else's drink, collect a tab, take another drink order, pour my drinks, let them sit there while she collected another tab, poured another drink, then gave me my drinks. Maybe she felt overwhelmed, or this is just how she does things...don't know. Just seems that would get too confusing and things would get missed (like my food order.) How do you usually see bartenders do things?

ScottieK
Old 06-01-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What got me was how she would take my order, then go do other stuff like pour somebody else's drink, collect a tab, take another drink order, pour my drinks, let them sit there while she collected another tab, poured another drink, then gave me my drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's precisely this that makes me think this is her first bartending job. She'll figure it out quickly enough that this isn't the way to do things.

-McGee
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM

It sounds pretty clear that she wasn't very experienced. Cut her some slack this time, if she doesn't catch on, the place you go will probably cut her loose as other people won't be so kind.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 PM

When I was finished for the evening I would go home like a normal person. She is having a bad day and she felt bad about it. Do you really need 'a line'? This is an incredibly stupid post.