Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Default LC/NC Wie\'s Principal on Rome\'s Radio today

I didn't see anything about this in NVG, and I actually figured this is as good a place to post this as any. Mods, of course, feel free to move if deemed necessary.

Did anyone else hear this today? I'm not even a Wie fan, but I thought this guy was WAAAAYYYY over the top.

For those that didn't get a chance to tune in...

Michelle Wie's HS Principal was a guest on Jim Rome's radio show today (guest hosts.) I got the feeling that the belief was this was going to be a feel good interview about how fellow students and the school supported one of their own.

It turned into an anger fest. The principal admitted multiple times that he was VERY upset at Wie for actions she had taken. She was to chair a fund-raising committee that was going to put on a spaghetti dinner, and had to miss the dinner for a Tournament. *gasp*

She was the ONLY person tall enough to play Rizzo (sp?...never seen it) in the school production of Grease. She failed to play the role because she was trying to go make a few million playing golf. *gasp*

The principal went on to say that he may, in fact, be even angrier at Wie because someone he knows couldn't make the cut for some tourney, and she got an exemption. *gasp*

This principal sounded seriously pissed at Wie. He said that every single student had received their "Spirit Cup" (some mug given to every graduating student with their pic on it) at graduation BUT Wie, and he would go out of his way to make sure she NEVER got it. *gasp* (do HS principals honestly think that most of their students give a [censored] about this kinda crap? or that those that do still will about....oh, fifteen minutes after they graduate?)

This guy was a total [censored]. I thought has rage and anger was way out of place. I mean, as the principal of a high school shouldn't you support one of your students when they're already so good at something that they may have a legitimate chance to make millions at it.....even if it's at the expense of a spaghetti dinner?

/rant
Old 07-05-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: LC/NC Wie\'s Principal on Rome\'s Radio today

Any place we can listen to this if we missed it?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 PM

And how much free publicity did Wie bring to his school the past few years?

It's a trade off, but this principal just crapped where he eats.

Not a smart move, IMO.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:15 PM

OP, you're not too bright.

I hope you're trying to level in this thread b/c that portion was an obvious 'bit'. It's a radio show and it's ment to be entertaining.

it wasn't real

If you're leveling, you're still dumb for typing that much.